Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which glasses?

Default Re: Which glasses?

Hello Neuroasis

Thanks so much for your understanding and your enthusiam is catching.
    I will look into that link and once I get my new glasses take it from there.
    I am going to persevere until I get the hang of it
    Alison

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    What seems straighforward to you who obviously know what you are doing...is not so straightforward to the general public.
    If true, I hope we can improve on the instructions.

Since coming on here I have learnt so much about the different programs by the info given, which was not given in the basic instructions. I think for instance that most people want to know which modes are best for self help as this is a huge industry now. I know it says something but it could be expanded upon.
    That's the purpose of these forums. To expand on the information in the manuals. The manuals are for basic operation. 99% of people use the products stand-alone and have no need for advanced programming and other advanced techniques. It would be impossible to write a manual that covered all the aspects of advanced usage of the MP products, since their capabilities are huge. The products are designed to be simple to use, but also capable of advanced functions and programming. To get to the advanced stage takes some reading and learning. Similar to using a computer and then programming one.
    There seems also to be conflicting info about the Procion being able to tune into independant cds and this is misleading too.I read the other day in an advert for the Procion that it had that capacity but know from another thread that it does not and that is not very helpful
    Can you link those threads for me? I'd like to see what you're referring to.
    I feel in all honesty this is of huge importance as many people want to use the mind machines in tandem with their own self improvement tapes (I know I do!)
    For those that do, the product is quite capable in that area.
    I was wondering why the glasses that are supplied with the Procion are not able to be used with the Proteus?
    I am sure there is a very good reason.
    You are correct! The Procyon Ganzframes are 3-color, the others are 2-color or 2-channel (L/R). The Procyon also has a different Ganzframe connector than the Proteus and Sirius.

I feel that altering the mind is leading edge stuff and that it is also life changing if used properly. This is why I feel so passionately about the instructions being simpler so that ther machines are easier to use.
    Would you be willing to help with instructions or a tutorial? It would be good to know which things in the manual need to be expanded on.
    The ideal for me for instance would be to plug in some beautiful music which could synch with the lower brainwaves or that my self help mp3's would synch and lead me into the approprite level of entrainment along with beautiful soothing colours.
    Sounds like AudioStrobe (AS). Many AS CDs are available for that very purpose. Of course with software like NeuroProgrammer from Transparent, one can create their own AS discs if one so desires.
    I feel that the Proteus could be made more user friendly and so would be more appealing to more people.
    I'd be interested to hear your suggestions.

-Andy.

Blog Entries

I believe Moonchild is referring to this line in the Procoyon product descriptions:

"We?ve also added a unique new capability: the ability to precisely synchronize audio material on compact disc or MP3 with a Procyon program. This feature, called SynchroMuse?, is like an advanced version of AudioStrobe?, but allows full color control?ideal for use with color-work, language learning, hypnotherapy, personal growth, music, etc."

http://www.mindplace.com/MindPlace-Procyon-AVS-System

I have read discussion threads on the board about this before. It is accurate but a little misleading. People assume plug and play so much these days.

What I would think would help people quite a bit is a 'feature matrix' for the Mindplace machines. All four products side by side with columns of features and a check mark if the product has this feature.

Each Mindplace product is unique unto itself. It is not like you are just getting a few upgraded features with the higher priced units.

Each machine does things that the others don't. A feature matrix would bring this out more clearly.

That's a great idea! I intend to get a Procion but still have my Proteus.

I do not know the difference really apart from the tri colour etc sio that would be very helpful

Blog Entries

I'll work on that when I get a minute and post it up here.

-Andy.

You are a gem Andy!
    You could not be more helpful.

Blog Entries

Product Matrix completed. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/cont...eatures-Matrix

Thanks very much to Neuroasis for getting the ball rolling on this!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

8. Default Re: Which glasses?

Hi all,

Excuse my ignorance as I am quite a novice (this is my first post !), but there has been a great deal of talk about red/green/blue frames in this thread and in CraigT's wonderful summary - but am curious to know what the benefits are of the white ganzframes relative to these others?

Can I also confirm that these cannot be used with the Procyon?

PS. Great comparison Andy!

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Great job on the Product Matrix Andy!

White frames were considered at one time to produce a better range of 'virtual' colors for sessions. They were a next step beyond the red frames that were initially available. Now with a unit like the Procyon or Proteus we can produce a huge range of colors. Still, some people may prefer white. Chime in if so!

The description on the Mindplace page about White Ganzframes says only Proteus and Sirius. To be honest, I don't know why.. Andy?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    The description on the Mindplace page about White Ganzframes says only Proteus and Sirius. To be honest, I don't know why.. Andy?
    Due to the connector on the Rev1 and Rev2 Procyon, an adapter is needed to operate 2-channel lightframes on the Procyon. One of the big selling features of the Procyon is the 3-color capability, so typically most people aren't looking to operate 2-channel lightframes on that device. That being said, it is completely possible to do so.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information