Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Procyon and photoreading

1. Default Re: Procyon and photoreading

Thank you all for the advices you have given me.I am trying long time with photoreading and to be honest i have failed all the time but for the moment i have begin i think that is a virtue that everyone can achieve it if you will try.i didnt try the session that you have posted but surely i will do it in the nest days.With photoreading i have been stucked in activation,so if someone have any seesion for procyon it will be nice and it will be a nice try for me too...Thank you again,all of you.

Default Re: Procyon and photoreading

So how do i sub vocalise? Heard it is an important part of photo reading. Please give answer in step by step ( eg.step 1 do what) Thanks.

Blog Entries

Hi, blackme. We might have a bit of a misunderstanding of terms here. Sub-vocalizing usually means pronouncing words silently in our heads while we are reading. So, actually, sub-vocalizing is one of the biggest slowdowns to effective speed reading and one of the first habits that we should work to break.

While sub-vocalizing, our reading speed is limited by the pace of our speech which is vastly slower than how fast our brains can actually process visual information.

A great piece of software to use to train yourself speed reading skills can be found at http://www.acereader.com/ . It works on Windows or Mac. I have used this quite a bit and it works well for what it does.

It uses Rapid Serial Visual Presentation which means single words or small clusters of words are flashed at a very fast pace. This technology helps in quick word recognition and can be accelerated beyond the point where sub-vocalization is possible.

A free online bookmarklet that also uses this technology to read selected text from web pages can be found here: http://www.spreeder.com/

Photoreading is a whole different animal. Whereas speed reading can get your reading pace up to 1000+ words a minute, Photoreading claims to achieve levels up to 25,000 words per minute.

However, photoreading is not reading in the traditional sense. It is more like employing a 'photographic memory' technique. One flips quickly through a book taking mental snapshots of the pages and then post processes this information to bring it into awareness and seal it in memory.
    This is a simplification. You should visit http://www.photoreading.com for more info.

Sub-vocalizing during photoreading would be mostly impossible.

The techniques of speed reading and photoreading can be combined for a well-rounded method of accelerated learning.

Oh thanks for the quick reply and i will be sure to check out the site you have given me but if we photo read the book then how are we going to recall what we have photo read since it is flash at such a fast speed?

Blog Entries

This is the main barrier to most people being able to Photoread. Most people believe that it cannot be done.
    This idea is usually based on no more evidence than 'I don't know anyone else who can do it, my parents or friends can't do it, they never taught this to me in school...."
    You are here reading this forum with interest in these cutting-edge machines so I will assume that you are much more open to accelerating human possibility.

So the questions I would ask are how do we recognize a familiar face from a distance in a large crowd of people? How do we notice and calculate the actions of a small cat up ahead on the road when we are traveling at a high rate of speed in our automobiles? Why do companies pay huge sums of money to put up billboard advertisements on expressways?

Naturally and at all times our brains take snapshots of scenes at breathtaking speed and post-processes that information to extract meaning. We do it all the time.

It is only when 'doubt' seeps in trying to use this ability that we manage to short-circuit it. Of course, as soon as we quit 'trying' our brains go right back to doing what they have always done, 'photoreading the world'.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 04-08-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Trigger Procyon Program

Moved to http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1359
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by neuroasis; 04-10-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Default Re: Trigger Procyon Program

WOW! thanks for the info i will be sure to use them wisely and i will tell you how it goes Cheers.

Thread Information