Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procyon and photoreading

1. Default Procyon and photoreading

Hello,
    I am impressed with procyon mind machine and i'm looking for a session that i can work photoreading.I am trying long time now to activate books that i have read with the method of photoread but until now i have failed.I would like to make a try again with procyon.If someone can recomend a session before i make photoread a book and after that...Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon and photoreading

Programs 2, 3 or 4 should work nicely for you.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Hey Marisa;

You made a thread about Photoreading a while back!

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?p=509

-Andy.

4. Default Re: Procyon and photoreading

as mention in previews thread the steps that someone have to follow about photoreading are 4 categories.For the first section of photoreading i think that programm 5 or 6 it will be a good start to concetrate and prepare the mind.After photoreading the book is it better an Accelerated learning programm or one of the programm 7 or 8?they are both for mental activation .

Blog Entries

Certainly using the Procyon to train yourself to achieve and maintain the 'Accelerated Learning State' is a very beneficial use of the technology.

Regarding Photoreading, another way to use the Procyon to accelerate your progress is to use a slow flashing program to train your brain to accept input at a steady pace to take 'snapshots'. The brain already works like this to a degree but we are seeking to enhance these abilities using Photoreading.

Paul Scheele recommends a page flipping pace of between 1 or 2 seconds. He also recommends chanting a mantra during this time.. "Relax..one..two..." or similar.

You should already be relaxed and in your accelerated learning state prior to reading.

So why not use the Procyon to design a program that takes you into the learning state and then simulates the steady rhythm of page flipping with light flashes?

You could imagine yourself flipping pages and soaking in all the information while at the same time you are chanting your mantra. Essentially, you are creating an anchor that trains the brain to operate at this predetermined pace and associate it with learning and creating 'snapshots'.

Simple enough to create a Procyon program that takes you into the learning state and then methodically flashes at pace of 2 secs. I think a yellowish color would be most appropriate for alertness and 'mercurial' association.

Blog Entries

Procyon program designed to train skills and brain states necessary for Photoreading is available here: http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360

Sorry to admin: I don't know how to remove the attachment from this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by neuroasis; 04-10-2011 at 11:26 AM.

7. Default Re: Procyon and photoreading

Lovely idea but the PhotoReading step is high theta with Low beta, no alpha. Not that you actually need entrainment. We've hooked up beginners to an IBVA and found that they have the same brainwaves as experienced PhotoReaders after a few pages. Activation also jumps between theta and alpha. The beginner produces more alpha while the experienced PhotoReader produces more theta brainwaves during activation. The text dictates the brainwaves during activation.

The setting you have are excellent for creative visualisations and the training for triggers and tempo an excellent idea. I recommend using the entrainment for entering the Accelerated learning state, state your purpose and intent for the book during the first 13 minutes. Although 25 minutes for entering the Accelerated learning state is too long. I think this would be, as you describe, an excellent way to visualise confidence in using the PhotoReading system.

Unfortunately I'm a poor test subject for this. PhotoReading for me is grab the book prepare 2 seconds, preview 20 seconds, flip 30 to 40 seconds postview perhaps 8 minutes. Activate if Postviewing proved interesting.

I think it is an excellent idea. I just wanted to let you know what we know about PhotoReading. Paul Scheele had thought it would be dominant alpha because getting relaxed and entering the Accelerated Learning state is known to be an alpha brainwave pattern. It wasn't until he started having students hooked up to a to test this that he discovered there is no alpha during the PhotoReading step. Fortunately the brain quickly goes into the right brainwaves naturally. Especially when we prepare ourselves for learning / PhotoReading. So I think your setting are an excellent tool for creative visualisation and mind programing for success. I'd love to know how you and others go with this.

AlexK (PhotoReading instructor)

Blog Entries

Very interesting. I have an older IBVA system. Could you by any chance send me a session file and I could potentially base a session on that. I would very much like to see readings from a trained subject. Or you could just suggest some frequency settings based on your research.
    I am glad to hear from an expert in this area. I am a long time speedreader and regularly use some principles based on the Photoreading System (which I purchased years ago) but I do not have any formal training.
    As you say, for the Photoreading protocol phase, entrainment doesn't matter as much (although I do have embedded binaural beats). The method still would work. Certainly though I would like to optimize the session based on real-world data. It is actually a great opportunity that you have this data available.
    For activation, I am thinking of different approach. I still like the idea of light triggers. What if I spaced them out to 10 sec to 20 secs and the subject used this pace to verbally (maybe into a recorder) recall an item that they remember from the book. No matter how large or small a detail at this trigger they must recall and state something from the book. I am thinking that speaking aloud would be best to reinforce the process and memory. Of course, the lead up session would be much shorter. In fact, for an advanced Photoreader the lead up to the pre-reading session would be considerably shorter as well. I will design a new program for this based on your suggestions.
    Thank you so much for the info!
    Last edited by neuroasis; 04-07-2011 at 09:45 AM.

What about Proteus and Photo reading?

Blog Entries

The Proteus could probably be used in a similar way. The only difference would be that as far as I know you cannot program Ganzfeld segments. I do not currently have a Proteus so I may be wrong on this.
    Still you should be able to program light flashes at 2 sec intervals rather easily. Maybe someone with a Proteus could adapt this program?

Thread Information