Thread: Problem: Right to Left 'Phasing' effect.

1. Exclamation Problem: Right to Left 'Phasing' effect.

Hi All,

I have just recieved my Sirius AuidoStrobe unit and, well it looks great! However there is one issue I can't seem to work out and I'm not sure if it is just the unit I have (perhaps faulty?) or something that is common with this model.

Whilst working through the NeuroProgrammer wizard to optimize the AudioStrobe settings, I noticed that the left lens seemed to be out of sync with the right.

To test this I created a track which has an AudioStrobe track only, set at a constant rate of 0.25Hz. Under these conditions the sequential effect is very clear:

1) Right lens on.
    2) Left lens on.
    3) Left lens off.
    4) Right lens off.

Almost like a wave / phase pasing from right to left and then back again before repeating.

I thought these would have a more unified setup like:
    1) Left and right on.
    2) Left and right off.

I also tried adjusting all sorts of settings ie, brightness level on decoder, sensitivity dial on decoder, volume etc. Doing this only made changes relevant to the setting (brightness, sensitivity, volume) and there is no configuration where I could get them to operate simultaniously.

I am worried that this will compromise the entrainment effectiveness of the sessions I create. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Jack

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem: Right to Left 'Phasing' effect.

You're sending the left and right the same signal?

Sounds like balance is off in that the Right channel is receiving more signal than the left. This could be caused by something in your sound card, by a faulty patch cord or something else.

If it were me, I would reverse the outputs using a cable that swaps the L/R and see if the problem changes channels.

I don't know anything about NP, but others here might.

-Andy.

Jack,

I use NP2 and NP3 (mainly use this version now, much better imho) with my Sirius, Proteus, and MindExplorer L&S Synergizer and have never had this problem. I've never found it necessary to use the NP optimise feature. Mind you, I have never gone below 1.5 hz on anything. Below this is silly zombie area imho.

I usually find it best to save NP sessions to a wave or mp3 files and download them to a CD or to my mp3 player. Using any AS decoder with your PC directly can cause some unwanted responses due to potential sound card conflicts. Making sure you have the latest drivers for you sound card might help. Also, with the Sirius you might find it best to crank up the volume on your player up a little bit (you may need an in-line volume control unit for your headphones) and use the Sirius volume control to help adjust the left/right response (cranking this up full usually works best).

Make sure your bit rate for these files is at least 320 kbps in order to get the best audiostrobe response btw.

If you need further help, I suggest you go to the Transparent NP forum at;

http://www.transparentcorp.com/commu...rum/index.php?

Cheers,
    TomC

Blog Entries

Thanks, Tom!

-Andy.

5. Default Re: Problem: Right to Left 'Phasing' effect.

Thanks for the advice guys =) Unfortunately I'm still no closer to fixing the issue. Here's a brief update to what I have learned.

1) I tried exporting the sessions directly to an mp3 file so as to bypass my sound card....no luck here.

2) I connected the ganzframes to the decoder unit (only) and set it to play pre-set #7. This track starts at 4Hz and the effect (although much faster than at 0.25Hz) is still visible.

3) I unwrapped red ganzframes and tested them also, same effect under all conditions.

At this point I'm guessing it's the decoder unit itself. I'm going to see if I can track down anyone nearby (Wellington, New Zealand) who has a Sirius and see if they are willing to compare decoders in a few tests. I'll let you know how I get on if/when I have found someone. In the meantime, sing out if you have any other suggestions.

Cheers,
    Jack

p.s - TomC, I agree with you about the silliness of 'zombieland' frequencies, and can asure you that I am not aiming to entrain at that level. It was more a matter of slowing things down while I tried to figure out what was going on.

Blog Entries

Try a PM to CraigT, he's in Wellington.
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/forum/member.php?u=704

-Andy.

Jack,

Sorry you're still having problems mate. Feel free to pop over to the Gold Coast and you can compare yours to mine!

The only other things I can think of to try;

Use fresh alkaline batteries. Low battery voltages (esp. using rechargables) causes problems with all MP machines. If you are using an AC adapter make sure it's properly rated.

Maybe undo your NP2 AS glasses optimisation (go back to default settings.

Check that you do not have any phasing (should = 0) on any nodes of your NP2 user sessions.

Make sure all your connectors and plugged in all the way and are making good contact. I clean mine with a little contact cleaner (from Dick Smith's) once in a while.

Also, make sure you read the manual a few times . The lights have basically 2 options, syncro or alternate. You can see this diff by going to U2 mode and select a low freq (1 hz is lowest you can get on a Sirius). Push the middle button to switch between the 2 light options. You'll see the 2 small end lights on the display flashing. This will tell you what light flash option you are in. In sycro mode they both flash together. In alternate mode they flash separately, in sequence. I just tested this out at 1hz on my unit and it works perfectly.

BTW, most inbuilt Sirius sessions have a number of ramps/changes throughout the session. This includes switching the lights from syncro to alternating modes, so do not confuse this as a fault. Again, if you look at the display screen you can see what light mode the session is currently in.

Good luck sorting it out.

Cheers,
    TomC

8. Smile Re: Problem: Right to Left 'Phasing' effect.

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for your advice. I will definately try to get in touch with CraigT; how fortunate to have someone living in the same city who may be able to help. (Thanks Andy for the 'heads up' on that one)

Anyhow I have some good news for the meantime (thanks to Tom's suggestion). While reading the manual again, it occured to me that I may be able to accomplish what I was aiming for using Mode 2 which didn't rely on an audio input. I checked for the phasing effect in this mode by setting it to 1Hz and couldn't see it; the lenses were perfectly in sync. Previously I had somewhat ignored Mode 2 because I planned to encode all the AS signals through NP3. So I created a track with background music, hypnotic scripting, and isochronic tones (stepping from 12.5Hz to 6.5Hz in 1.5 minute intervals, then constant at 6.5Hz). I set the decoder to 6.5Hz in Mode 2, put the glasses and head-phones on, then started some deep breathing. My theory was that although the visual effect had a head start by already being in theta, the hypnotic scripting, deep breathing, and tones would all be working to take me down. Once I was down I would have all factors working together.

Long story short, it was by far the deepest experience of hypnosis I have ever had! It was like being ultra aware and completely oblivious at the same time. For example, I was very aware of my body and every little sensation that occured yet I wasn't 100% sure where I was. Also, I was very attentive to the speaker's voice, noticing the speed, tone, richness and variation but I wasn't too sure where the voice was coming from. Interestingly, I could feel my mind trying to work out the answers to these questions but before it got very far into the process it just gave up and I remember feeling content with the conclusion "it doesn't realy matter". I am quite an analytical person by nature which has been an obstacle to me relaxing completely in the past so this experience was a very pleasant change =)

The main reason I bought the Sirius was to have it suppliment my efforts in hypnosis. So despite the fact that I have not yet figured out the phasing effect, I feel I am well equipped to pursue deeper states of trance. You could say I am one very happy customer =)

Cheers,
    Jack

Blog Entries

Great post, Jack. Glad you're getting such good results!

-Andy.

Thread Information