Thread: Hangover

Default Hangover

Just got my Proteus & loving it! What an empowering device! Planning on using it for sleep induction, self-hypnosis, creativity, shamanism, voodoo , etc.

Any ideas what kind of session might be of use in ameliorating the effects of a hangover, for those days after the night before?

Default Re: Hangover

One of the neurobods will give you a far more technical answer I`m sure but I would have thought the sessions that are listred as helping you to get off to sleep will be the very same ones that will help you out when you`re suffering from a hangover. During my drinking career I used to get a nice cooked breakfast down me first thing aswell. That`ll do the trick Have you got decent headphones? The first thing I did when I got my Proteus was buy some large headphones that cup right over my ear. The sound is much much better that way.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djmcc View Post
    Any ideas what kind of session might be of use in ameliorating the effects of a hangover, for those days after the night before?
    Hangovers usually result from dehydration. If you drink lots of water before you go to bed, you likely can prevent a hangover. Also wouldn't hurt to take an aspirin before going to bed as well. I believe it has something to do with the amount of sugar that in converted from the alcohol and/or pop. Some types of drinks tend to cause hangovers more than others.

Oh, there really isn't a brain frequency, therefore program, that will fix or prevent this. In fact, using the machine when you are drunk or have a hangover may cause you to

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Feebo View Post
    Have you got decent headphones? The first thing I did when I got my Proteus was buy some large headphones that cup right over my ear. The sound is much much better that way.....
    I have a set of sennheiser cans which sound good with the proteus but i actually prefer wearing my inner ear creative buds, more comfortable & portable and just as good sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Hangovers usually result from dehydration. If you drink lots of water before you go to bed, you likely can prevent a hangover. Also wouldn't hurt to take an aspirin before going to bed as well. I believe it has something to do with the amount of sugar that in converted from the alcohol and/or pop. Some types of drinks tend to cause hangovers more than others.

Oh, there really isn't a brain frequency, therefore program, that will fix or prevent this. In fact, using the machine when you are drunk or have a hangover may cause you to

M.
    Thanks Marisa for your reply, good advice. I may experiment with some pain reduction sessions in this regard. I was just wondering if there were any studies investigating the eeg readings of hangover sufferers or which frequencies may help. Starting to sound like an alcoholic here but like most people I just enjoy the occasional night out and there's always a price to pay the next day...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djmcc View Post
    I have a set of sennheiser cans which sound good with the proteus but i actually prefer wearing my inner ear creative buds, more comfortable & portable and just as good sound.
    I have Bose noise cancelling headphones.

Thanks Marisa for your reply, good advice. I may experiment with some pain reduction sessions in this regard. I was just wondering if there were any studies investigating the eeg readings of hangover sufferers or which frequencies may help. Starting to sound like an alcoholic here but like most people I just enjoy the occasional night out and there's always a price to pay the next day...
    Any frequency would correspond to a hangover because they all "hertz" 0.0 Hz would be the one of no pain at all.

Oh I'm so funny, I kill me. ha ha ha
    Last edited by Andy; 02-19-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information