Thread: Proteus VS Pryocon

Default Proteus VS Pryocon

I love my Proteus but I think at some point I`m going to want to "upgrade" to a Pryocon. Am I right in thinking that a Pryocon would be a step up? It has an extra colour (Blue) but is there really much difference on top of that? I`ve heard the Pryocon is brighter and more vivid too, does that sound about right? I wish I could find a second hand one.....

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus VS Pryocon

Quote Originally Posted by Feebo View Post
    I love my Proteus but I think at some point I`m going to want to "upgrade" to a Pryocon. Am I right in thinking that a Pryocon would be a step up? It has an extra colour (Blue) but is there really much difference on top of that? I`ve heard the Pryocon is brighter and more vivid too, does that sound about right? I wish I could find a second hand one.....
    Re: Used or Reconditoned Procyon

You could send Anji at Mindplace an email and ask if she has any reconditioned units available for sale. BTW, that is her email address as well. If you are going to buy one new, buy it from Mindplace's Amazon.com store because you'll get two free AS Cd's with the Procyon. Only Mindplace on Amazon has this special so make sure the seller is Mindplace. It will be shipped and fulfilled by Amazon so I guess you would get free shipping as well. If you live in Canada, then send me a PM.

As to which machine is preferred. I like both. I think it's a matter of preference on the other features. Both machines do the same job equally, as far as coaxing brainwaves. I find the tones on the Procyon to more pleasant to the ear. The extra light does give you more variety of scenes. I think if you can afford the upgrade - go for it.

M.
    Last edited by Marisa; 02-15-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Tried to embed a chart and failed
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Attached is a chart that outlines the difference between Proteus and Procyon. Hopefully this comparison will help you with your technical decision on which product to buy.

M.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Yeeeeah I do want to upgrade. Just the one extra colour could make all the difference I think. What exactly is her email address? Is it .com? I`ll send her an email straight away, you never know she might have one!
    Sitting here writting this I`ve just remembered a story from when I was younger. I`d been out on the booze, I did that a lot when I was younger lol I was only moderatly drunk and I hadn`t taken any drugs or anything. I got home and found I was locked out. I went into a little out building on the side of the house, got myself under a pile of old carpet lol and went off to sleep. This was quite an accomplishment as I`ve always detested spiders and the thought of them. It was bitterly cold so the carpet was actually quite welcome. I slept right next to a large freezer. I slowly awoke later in the night (well, morning really) because my head was hurting and feeling like it was banging the floor. By the time I realised someone had come out of the house to use the outside loo, actually walked on my body and trodden on my head on the way there and then back again it was too late to try and get in. lol Anyway...... The reason I mention this is because when I woke up, I was seeing the most beautiful collidoscopic patterns in amazing colours. The noise the freezer was making was somehow responsible for this. It must have been a similar effect to what the light and sound machines acheive! I`ve never thought about it like that before. Huh... The effect continued for a good five minutes or so after I`d woken too. I`m teetotal now by the way lol Can any of you neurobods comment on that?

Blog Entries

Yeeeeah I do want to upgrade. Just the one extra colour could make all the difference I think. What exactly is her email address? Is it .com? I`ll send her an email straight away, you never know she might have one!
    anji at mindplace dot com. I wrote it out in long form so that her email address doesn't get picked up by bots and spamalot her. Insert @ and . in the right places and you are off to the races. Oh gez, I made a poem.

...walked on my body and trodden on my head on the way there and then back again it was too late to try and get in. lol Anyway...... The reason I mention this is because when I woke up, I was seeing the most beautiful collidoscopic patterns in amazing colours. The noise the freezer was making was somehow responsible for this. It must have been a similar effect to what the light and sound machines acheive! I`ve never thought about it like that before. Huh... The effect continued for a good five minutes or so after I`d woken too. I`m teetotal now by the way lol Can any of you neurobods comment on that?
    I don't think it was the sound of the freezer that created your experience. It sounds more like a head injury - concussion maybe. Ouch, I'll bet that hurt later.

It may seem like a similar experience to AVS but is different because of how the experience is structured. The visual experience is the direct result of external stimuli and causes no structural damage. Anytime you lose consciousness or see "stars" after a blow to the head - that's a medical emergency or can be. If you see patterns and colors after drinking and didn't get your head bonked then I'd suspect someone putting something into your drink (best case scenario) or alcohol poisoning. It could also happen after a seizure which could have resulted from drinking and/or getting a blow to the head.

I'm glad you shared this story because it points out the big difference between a safe induction of an altered state of consciousness (AVS machine) and a dangerous alternative (head injury). Not to mention, it also gives the reader knowledge of what may seem minor could easily become a medical emergency. It's actually quite alarming how easy it is to injure your brain and sometimes in a life changing way.

M.

Cheers I`ll send a message off to Anji and see what she says
    I hadn`t injured my head, I got walked on yeah but not jumped on! lol
    I was sure at the time that it was the freezer, that sound was somehow hypnotic. I don`t believe anything was slipped in my drink but to be honest, I was slipping plenty of things in my own drink at the time! lol But I hadn`t on the night in question. Of course hallucinogens can have after effects that can and do pop up long after the initial dose was taken. Dark rooms are much more colourful than they ought to be for me, a permenant after effect of Psilocybin. Disclaimer* Feebo does not endorse the taking of illegal drugs. Feebo no longer takes them himself and if he had kids, would not be best pleased if he discovered they were doing so.

Funny how it turned out though, I`m teetotal, not even a sniff of alcohol anymore. I stopped doing naughty drugs a very long time ago and then I go and damage my spine and end up on morphine for the rest of my life! lol
    I`ve met a few people in my situation that just couldn`t handle being on morphine all the time as it`s obviously pretty pokey stuff. I can almost look at my former years as practice lol

Right then, I`ll chuck Anji an email and see what she says. I`ve got some money at the moment too so I`m able to buy a Pryocon too

Blog Entries

Cheers I`ll send a message off to Anji and see what she says
    I hadn`t injured my head, I got walked on yeah but not jumped on! lol
    I was sure at the time that it was the freezer, that sound was somehow hypnotic.
    Hmmm it would be unusual for the sound of a freezer's hum causing one to hallucinate. Sometimes people see similar things at the onset of a migrane so I'm thinking something vascular happened.

Dark rooms are much more colourful than they ought to be for me, a permenant after effect of Psilocybin.
    What makes you think is was the mushrooms that caused this permanent effect? Was this before or after the incident with the freezer?

Disclaimer* Feebo does not endorse the taking of illegal drugs. Feebo no longer takes them himself and if he had kids, would not be best pleased if he discovered they were doing so.

Funny how it turned out though, I`m teetotal, not even a sniff of alcohol anymore. I stopped doing naughty drugs a very long time ago and then I go and damage my spine and end up on morphine for the rest of my life! lol
    Good thing because alcohol and morphine =

I`ve met a few people in my situation that just couldn`t handle being on morphine all the time as it`s obviously pretty pokey stuff. I can almost look at my former years as practice lol
    The problem with morphine is that the body's becomes addicted and as a result the level of pain can actually increase and level of relief decreases. This can happen with all pain meds (which are all opiate based). Not to mention, the body is capable of producing it's own opiate-like pain relief but with constant use of drugs, the body gets lazy and stops trying to produce it's own and then relies on the external source.

Right then, I`ll chuck Anji an email and see what she says. I`ve got some money at the moment too so I`m able to buy a Pryocon too
    Hopefully the Proteus and Procyon will help with pain. Alpha programs.

M.

Ummm.... After that event actually. I had come to think it was the mushrooms because I read an article suggesting that soft colourful lights seen in dark rooms was an after effect in mushroom eaters. I thought, ooh I`ve had that for years! Must be the same thing....
    Now I think of it, not long after the freezer thing, I VERY nearly died from Miocarditus which just hit me like a frieght train one morning completely out of the blue. That wasn`t long after the freezer thing at all. Weeks I think.
    I`ve emailed Anji, no reply as of yet. I`m one of these "got to have it now" people once I`ve made the decision lol I hope she gets back to me soon lol
    I started looking at making my own programs last night Facinating. It was really cool to control things in real time I spent an hour or two just familiarising myself with how it all works and what does what and I`m confident I`ll be able to create excatly what I`m after in no time I`m looking forward to sharing actually I want my Procyon! lol Notice I spelled it right, I`ve only just noticed I`ve been mixing it up in my usual dyslexic type way lol

I`ve just had a reply from another email address. I was hedging my bets a bit and sent an email to mindplace from the contact bit of thier website. A gentleman called Ivor say that they do have one there that is reconditioned. Good news. But (Isn`t there always a "but"?) It`s only thirty quid cheaper than a brand new one. For that tiny sum I`d kinda rather have a new one and be sure it`s not going to die on me or something. I asked him if he`d possibly throw in a couple of AS cd`s to sweeten the deal a bit and I got a flat no and an offer of three batteries instead?! I`ve then emailed him back asking if he could knock another twelve quid off it for me. After all I point out, everybody likes to at least think they`re getting a nice deal. I don`t think he`s going to get back to me! I actually think he`s going to let me walk away for the sake of twelve quid or couple of cd`s!
    Mad that is. It`s like he`s never haggled before! lol There`s a pet shop near me that I decided to visit one day. They didn`t have what I needed so I asked if they could order it in for me, after all, it wasn`t anything particularly special. I got a flat no. No I can`t order anything in for you. When I`d finished laughing I went and found another pet shop to buy from for my parrot and my tropical snails and tropical frogs and my forty five snakes. They missed out on a bloody fortune because they couldn`t be bothered with a small tiny teeny little token for the sake of keeping the customer happy. I find this as odd as that day....... I`d give someone a cd or twelve quid off for the sake of a ?150 sale! lol

Thread Information