Thread: Help to install

1. Default Help to install

Hello everyone, back after a year's absence. Maybe you remember me, I bought about a year ago, the Procyon, unfortunately, not knowing English and not knowing how to use well the computer, I've never been able to program the machine with lights and sounds, is more than a year not light it up ....., but now I want to try again, I thank in advance anyone offer me his help. Not knowing English, I use the automatic translator, I hope you understand well what I write. I am Italian. I need, please, step by step instructions to install, install, driver, and editor, I do not know which version should I use, there are too many in place support mind and I get lost, I tried yesterday but I have not done nothing. My Procyon is Rev 2, I use the Windows Vista Home Premium (2007) 32-bit, the jack is rectangular glasses. Thank you

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help to install

Hello again;

The software you want is the "Procyon Installer" from here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm

The link is Procyon Installer

Download that file, install it and when it finishes, plug your Procyon into that computer.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Help to install

Hello Andy, thanks for the reply, I downloaded the installer and then installed it. Later I connected the Procyon to PC, I am asked to insert the CD containing the device driver, but there was this CD in the package. I'm still at this point and I do not know how to continue. I look forward to the next instruction. Thanks

Blog Entries

When using the Procyon Installer, make sure you have selected "Procyon Driver for Rev2" (as well as "Procyon Editor").

5. Default Re: Help to install

Greetings Andy, thanks for your time, I did as you told me, then I connected my pc to Procyon and output the message "the installation of the device software has been completed successfully", "USB bridge for Mindplace Procyon (COM14) Ready to use. " I think it went well. Now I have to bring up the editor window to create my own sessions, as I do now? Thanks again

Blog Entries

Sounds like you're on your way.

You should follow the "Procyon Editor User's Guide" from the support page to learn how to use the editor. Unfortunately, it's only in English.

Let me know how it goes, and good luck!

-Andy.

7. Default Re: Help to install

Hello Andy, I was able to exit the editor window!! Last summer I had it translated into Italian the manual included in the package of Raccoon, I started doing the first experiments, and seems to work fine. A question, please: why when I add a new segment of the frequency data are inverted on their own? If the segment before I start and finish at 10 Hz to 4 Hz, I am new segment start and finish at 4 Hz to 10 Hz?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by michele View Post
    in the package of Raccoon
    Not sure what that means, but it sounds like you're happy, so that's good!

why when I add a new segment of the frequency data are inverted on their own? If the segment before I start and finish at 10 Hz to 4 Hz, I am new segment start and finish at 4 Hz to 10 Hz?
    I think the program just tries to guess what the next segment might need. If you're ramping down, it assumes the next segment you'd want to ramp back up. They're just suggestions, so don't worry about over writing them with whatever you want.

-Andy.

9. Default Re: Help to install

Hello Andy, yes, I am very happy with my Procyon, speciialmente now beginning to use it as I will. Thanks to the availability, if I have more questions from ports in the future I know you will answer me with kindness. See you soon, Michele

Thread Information