Thread: Proteus problems

Default Proteus problems

Ooooh dear I hope someone can help me here. I`ve ordered the lead I need in order to download new programs for my Proteus and I can`t get the computer to acknowledge it at all. I`m plugging it all in, putting the Proteus in DL mode, turning it on and het presto.... nothing. My wife`s pc is quite old so it`s got the right plug in the back and everything! I thought I was going to be lucky but I wasn`t. Can anyone help me get this sorted out please?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus problems

You need to download and install the editor from the support site.

http://www.mindplacesupport.com.

Download and read the editor manual as well.

Make sure you set your COM port in the editor to the port number of the serial port on that computer.

Exellent Thanks again Andy I`ll let you know how I get on....

More problems I`m afraid. When I eventually get to the download it says the the page can no longer be displayed. Um..... Help! lol

Blog Entries

Try again. There's something up with your computer or your internet connection. The page is fine.
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/

-Andy.

Oh. Yep, I`ll have a bit of an investigate again and report back....

Yep, it was my computer. Ok I`ve got the editer working but I can`t see how to actually load up programs. I`m just about to have a look for a tutorial now. I think I saw one somewhere....

Blog Entries

There's the Proteus editor manual and the Proteus Tutorials on the support site. Enjoy!

Success! Right, I`ve got the editer on my wifes computer. I`ve opened it and had a look around and everything looks good. I spent a while trying to upload my "program" but it slowly dawned on me that what I`ve bought isn`t a program in that respect. It`s just an MP3 file that contains the signals needed to tell the lights what to do. So I downloaded that to my Itunes library once I realised that and it`s all working. I`ve hooked up the Ipod and had the music running and the lights being controlled by the music file in AS mode. Nice. So that`s me happy, I`ll be off in another world again tonight but this time with music. Albeit really cheesy keyboard music lol I can only hope I find some programmers hanging about here who like the Future Sound of London or Eat Static. Both those "Bands" are made for this sort of stuff! It`s ideal.
    So I take it a "program" that can be downloaded to the Proteus is lights and binaural beats is it? Whereas music and a control signal is a different package all together? Is that right?
    I think you told me where to find programs that forum users have offered to share so I`ll go back and see where you said that was in a minute and see if I can get one downloaded to the Proteus. I really feel like I`m making progress now hopefully I`ll be able to make some programs of my own at some point. I certainly know some perfect music for it!

Thread Information