Thread: Uploading programs to the Proteus

Default Uploading programs to the Proteus

Right then. I`ve got my editer sorted out and I`ve apparently got everything sorted out and ready to go. So can anyone hazard a guess as to why, when I follow what I know to be the correct steps, my Proteus isn`t taking on the new programs I`m sending it? I`m opening the files within the editer,adding them to the list, saving the list and then choosing "send to utility area" My computer displays a quick slider whatsit to show it`s uploading something but the Proteus doesn`t flash or anything. When I check the utility area there are still only fourteen programs there as there were in the first place. I`m a bit stuck here can anyone offer any assistance please?

Default Re: Uploading programs to the Proteus

It`s possible I`ve entered the wrong number for the port I suppose. There is a code next to it that looks like binary code. Something like 01010 Does that seem obviously wrong/right to anyone? I`m going to give up for the night and go to bed soon I think, I`m shattered. I`m feeling proper drained at the moment and last weekend was just horrible
    The sooner I can upload these extra programs the better....

LOL I`ve been sat here for hours trying to upload programs into the headphone jack! lol Ooooh dear lol it doesn`t suggest that one in the trouble shooting guide! lol
    I might aswell ask a question while we`re here.... I should download the latest OS I suppose should I? Will it actually change the quality of things in any way?

Blog Entries

I'm glad you got it figured out. It's usually pretty simple once you get everything connected and have the correct COM port selected in the Editor.

What version of OS is your Proteus currently running? If it's 2.5 or greater, there's very little changed between it and 3.0, just some minor bugfixes.

On the support page is a document that details the changes that happened with version 2.5.1.

-Andy.

I`ve got the latest one now and I`ve successfully downloaded some program s too It`s alive! lol I think I`m going to have to learn to make my own programs right away though. Most of what I`ve downloaded program wise isn`t the sort of thing I need. I need programs similar to the pyrotecnic programs 48 and 49. They are ideal as a profound distraction from severe pain. Unless (and maybe this needs to be another thread) anyone can suggest some programs or link me up to a suitable site, I think I`d better get my learning cap on....

Thread Information