Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you see and why do you use your machine?

Default What do you see and why do you use your machine?

I thought I`d go for two questions for this thread. The first is why do you use your mind machine? What drove you to it? My second question is what do you see? Lets hear a little about some of your experiences
    To answer my own questions I first saw an advert for mind machines when I was about eighteen. That`s not far off twenty years ago! I thought ' now that sounds very cool. I never did buy one though. Years later and I`m now a chronic pain sufferer. I damaged my spine, had to have major surgery to fix it and now I`m in broken bone type pain every day. I take a whole lot of morphine which helps but at first I was on the lookout for anything that might prove even a little distracting when I`m in a real state. One of the things I cam up with was "that mnd machine thing I saw in the paper once" I remember thinking that it must give you really crazy dreams because I`ve had some corkers when the sun has shone through a tree or something and flashed light over my sleeping face. So I decided to get one. I wasn`t disappointed at all. It has proved very useful in providing a distraction and meditation aid and helping me to in effect leave my pain, my body behind and be somewhere else for a period of time. That and it`s dead cool of course lol
    To answer my second question to you guys and girls...
    I routinely see geometric shapes. Strange shapes too actually. Last week I saw a multitude of shapes that were like a lollypop stick type shape with a star on one end. There were hundreds and hundreds of them fanning out and overlapping each other.I see rotational movement a lot. Sometimes I can see near perfect images of people too. As good as in a dream. Another interesting effect I get is the impression of space. What I mean by that is the idea that I can "see" an empty room. I can feel where I am in this room and although I can`t see any detail at all, my body, my senses, are convinced that this colourful and kalidoscopic light show is actually taking place inside a room like a strobe light in a small room. That`s quite a sought after effect for me that, I really like it and I find it very interesting.
    I`m very interested in expanding my program collection with my Proteus. I`m waiting for a serial cable and adaptor to turn up and then I`ll be looking at downloading some interesting new programs I`ve had only what it came with for quite a long time so I`m very excited at the prospect of new programs! I want to see what it can do! I`m very interested in hearing about some of your experiences and especially any suggestions you may have for me based on what you`ve just read.....

Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you see and why do you use your machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Feebo View Post
    I thought I`d go for two questions for this thread. The first is why do you use your mind machine? What drove you to it? My second question is what do you see? Lets hear a little about some of your experiences
    I was working as an NLP practitioner and taking my certification in hypnosis. This person contacted me because he was a fellow NLPer (Neuro Linguistic Programmer) and we got talking shop and he told me that he used a AVS (sound and light) machine on clients to induce a deeper trance state. I did some research and found the best machine, which was a Proteus and my clients loved it. They loved it so much they wanted to buy one ... and so I became a dealer - and the rest is history.

I find the machine quite useful for renewing energy if I am feeling tired. I also find it helpful to aid in concentration. What do I see - a combination of patterns and colors which vary depending on where I am looking (with my eyes closed). I also enjoy the machine recreationally. It's absolutely awesome to get my favorite tunes on my headphones and set the machine to P48 or 49 and enjoy the music and what looks like corresponding light show.

To answer my own questions I first saw an advert for mind machines when I was about eighteen. That`s not far off twenty years ago! I thought ' now that sounds very cool. I never did buy one though. Years later and I`m now a chronic pain sufferer. I damaged my spine, had to have major surgery to fix it and now I`m in broken bone type pain every day. I take a whole lot of morphine which helps but at first I was on the lookout for anything that might prove even a little distracting when I`m in a real state.

So sorry that you have to endure such pain. I am glad though, that you can find some relief through distraction from the machine. What you may find, through continued use of Alpha based programs is that you will also get some added pain relief.

I think your attitude is awesome and likely to be inspirational to others. I know what it's like to have chronic pain and how difficult it can be to remain positive - especially during a painful episode. So hats off to you!

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

What a great thread I was hoping someone would ask.

I bought mine because my goal is to gain as much control of my brain as a human can. I started with meditation, then added an EmWave, then added a biofeedback system, and now the Procyon. My thinking is to explore my mind in radical ways. After I got the Procyon it naturally began benefiting me in several other ways as well. In addition to exploring my mind I can now, with the Procyon, induce the deepest most relaxing sleep I've ever had. I've had trouble sleeping since childhood, now I can get deep, regenerating sleep, fast. I also suffer from severe pain. I participated in sports my whole life and have dozens of old injuries that plague me everyday. I never expected it, but when I'm in a session pain is not an issue.

What do I see ? I have the most lucid dreams I've ever had, but presently I still go deep and forget most of them, something I'm trying to change. I do however remember becoming alert enough to stumble on myself having very technical conversations in my head with the witness. The strange part is that when I wake enough to understand the conversation going on It feels great and happiness washes over me, it's very strange, I feel myself smiling.

I also see cartoonish faces, furniture, tools and other apparatus as well as people I've never seen before, while lucid dreaming.

While completely awake I see all the shapes and pulses that are described by the manufacturer. However during certain white light pulses I see clear pictures of landscapes and other scenes almost as if I've entered another world. For this reason my goal is to learn to program some productive white light sessions.

Sorry to hear about your pain Feebo, I know what it's like. I've chosen not to use any pain killers but have been in a position several times where I've felt almost like I have no other choice.

Yeah not good. I can`t actually walk without being pumped full of morphine. Nice. I`m about as used to it as I`m going to get though so it`s nothing to feel sad about. There are people much much worse off.
    I`m just on my way out at the moment but by the sound of it me and you should chat. We share the same goals and should compare notes I`ve been a lucid dreamer since childhood. Although I didn`t know what it was then, I had to learn to overcome hellish nightmares that just wouldn`t leave me alone. Unfortunatly, since I`ve been on morphine I`ve been unable to lucid dream. This feels almost like I`ve been maimed and really bothers me. Just last night I had a really unpleasant dream and couldn`t figure out what was happening to me. I knew things didn`t make sense but I couldn`t wake up inside the dream. That all feels very unatural to me and it`s something I need to try and fix. I`ll start another thread about that and see what others have to say.... Speak to you later then

Blog Entries

Yeah not good. I can`t actually walk without being pumped full of morphine. Nice. I`m about as used to it as I`m going to get though so it`s nothing to feel sad about. There are people much much worse off.
    Ya but measuring your degree of sufferring to another's does little to make you feel good. In fact, I would wager it only makes you feel guilty about acknowledging your own level of discomfort.

Maybe there are some alternative things you can do for pain management that will allow you to at least reduce the amount of morphine you need? Biofeedback may be helpful.

Unfortunatly, since I`ve been on morphine I`ve been unable to lucid dream.
    Lucid dreaming occurs in the lightest stages of sleep. The morphine likely takes you deeper quicker.

This feels almost like I`ve been maimed and really bothers me. Just last night I had a really unpleasant dream and couldn`t figure out what was happening to me. I knew things didn`t make sense but I couldn`t wake up inside the dream. That all feels very unatural to me and it`s something I need to try and fix. I`ll start another thread about that and see what others have to say.... Speak to you later then
    It appears that you were aware enough during the dream to try to wake up. That is a sign of lucidity. You may not be able to wake up but you may be able to change the dream. If you can not modify the dream while in the dream, take a few moments when you are waking up and replay the dream in your mind and edit the dream. Change the circumstances to something better. In doing this, you can remove any negative residual effects from the dream.

Please let me know if that works for you.

M.
    Last edited by Andy; 02-19-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I hadn`t thought of that. That may well help actually The residuals from a bad dream like that can effect me for hours. It has to be personal to upset me. Getting chased by monsters or falling off a cliff is just entertaining to me. Last night I dreamed about my estranged father He was killed in an accident last week. I`m sure you can imagine the mixed feelings and confused emotions that have gone along with that In my dream, I didn`t know why I was so confused. I knew there was something wrong though and I knew my father was going to die. I tried to warn him The last thing I remember I was sitting with an old friend crying my heart out because I didn`t know why I was so confused, why I was at my old house when I`m sure I left and how I know my dad is about to die I could have been spared that bloody awful dream if I`d just known I was dreaming. I`ve just got to sort this problem out. I dream plenty, I just can`t become self aware anymore...... Stupid morphine

Blog Entries

I hadn`t thought of that. That may well help actually The residuals from a bad dream like that can effect me for hours. It has to be personal to upset me. Getting chased by monsters or falling off a cliff is just entertaining to me. Last night I dreamed about my estranged father He was killed in an accident last week. I`m sure you can imagine the mixed feelings and confused emotions that have gone along with that In my dream, I didn`t know why I was so confused. I knew there was something wrong though and I knew my father was going to die. I tried to warn him The last thing I remember I was sitting with an old friend crying my heart out because I didn`t know why I was so confused, why I was at my old house when I`m sure I left and how I know my dad is about to die I could have been spared that bloody awful dream if I`d just known I was dreaming. I`ve just got to sort this problem out. I dream plenty, I just can`t become self aware anymore...... Stupid morphine
    First, I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know if this person was ever a positive in your life and if he wasn't, perhaps his death brings to light something you wish you had. It appears that the dream is your unconscious trying to deal with some unresolved feelings. It sucks but it may actually be cathartic.

You are more self aware than you think.

Hmmm.... Wifey said I`m not so much mourning my father as mourning not having a father to mourn. Clever hippy she is....
    Cheers What is biofeedback? Anything that might help and isn`t expensive is very welcome in my life at the moment. The gentleman above mentioned EM wave doo daa`s aswell. I saw a documentary once where this professer had made an Em helmet that he put on an artist. She drew pictures of what she saw which turned out to be all sorts of visionary type images. Is that the sort of thing he`s on about? If that`s safe i`ll have a bit of that action too..... Thanks for your suggestions I feel like something positive might happen any time soon.... I hope so anyway!

Amazingly, this evening I noticed for the first time that pain is an issue during a session. Possibly it's because we discussed it here and now I think about it in one form or another during a session.

It doesn't matter though, I never expected pain relief from AVS.

I have sports injury induced arthritis in both hips but mostly in the right hip and I have a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder and I felt them both this evening but only because I forgot to take my regular 125mg dose of aspirin before I laydown. I do that and I'm good to go.

I've shattered both ankles several times, broken wrist bones in my right wrist, have pinched nerves in my neck, a bulging disk in my lower back, two torn rotator cuffs (one repaired), got hit by a car in 93 and fractured my skull, both knees shot, was shoulder shrugging 760lb's several years ago and three ribs separated from other ribs, the list go's on and on, not enough space here. the daily pain though is amazing.
    Last edited by SteveMod; 02-19-2011 at 07:37 PM.

One of my best friends died in 97, I had dreams where we hung out together for hours, I had those dreams regularly for a couple years. It made me happy to have the additional time to hang out with him. The dreams seemed so real It really felt like we had that time together. He still pops into my dreams occasionally, mostly in a humorous capacity (we had alot of laughs together when he was alive). Try to think of any dreams that include your dad an opportunity you got to spend time with him. When my friend first died many of my dreams included me asking why he died. He never answered and that was always when he said it was time for him to go back to where he came from. It was very frustrating.

Thread Information