Thread: Leads for my Proteus

Default Leads for my Proteus

Hello I`ve used my Proteus for quite a while now in order to meditate when I am in pain. I`m a chronic pain sufferer. I`ve decided it`s time to kick things up a notch and download some new programs, maybe eventually make some myself. Right now I`d like to find out what type of lead I need to download programs because my Proteus didn`t actually come supplied with the lead I need. Can anybody help me out with that please? Also, I`m going to buy some white lightframes so I can chop and change the experience a little. Could anyone comment on those for me please? Do you feel they`re better or significantly different compared to the red and green? Thanks for your help Ryan ...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Leads for my Proteus

Hello Ryan and welcome!

The Proteus comes with the programming cable, however it is an RS-232 (serial port) cable and not many computers nowadays have an RS-232 port. You will need to get a USB to RS-232 adapter which you can find online or at your local computer store.

If you have misplaced the programming cable, you can order one from MindPlace directly. http://www.mindplace.com
    It's not an item that's listed on the web site so go to the contact page and click on ordering to inquire about ordering the cable.

-Andy.

Exellent Thanks Andy I`m quite excited about joining this forum. I`d like to get the most out of my Proteus and maybe at some point update to a more modern machine

Exellent Thanks Andy Hopefully I can get both those things sorted out and start downloading some different programs! I`m really quite excited about joining this forum. It`ll really help me get the most out of my machine. I`ll upgrade to a newer machine eventually....

Blog Entries

Glad to hear it.

Here's some info on USB to RS-232 adapters. MindPlace does not carry them.

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...hread.php?t=37

-Andy.

Cheers I thought I had a message go missing then but I didn`t realise I had to wait for it to appear! lol While we`re here, another quick question... Just how difficult is it to take a bit of music you really like and make a program with it? Do people share thier efforts through the forum?

Blog Entries

Well, the tones are generated by the Proteus, so making music with it would be a little tricky, and not of much value.

You can play your music along with a session (i.e. mix the two together) by plugging the output of your music player into the aux in on the Proteus.

You could also create AudioStrobe sessions using something like NeuroProgrammer by Transparent Corp, where you use your own music and set flash frequencies.

Look here for the forum section called "Library" for user-supplied sessions.

-Andy.

Setting flash frequencies to my own music is what I meant, if I can learn to do that I think I`ll get so much more out of my machine! I wonder if anyone else is using the machine for the same reasons as me? That`s another thread that is I think Thanks for your help Andy Much appreciated....

Thread Information