Thread: Adding Music to the Experience

1. Default Adding Music to the Experience

Hello,

I have owned a Proteus for a few years now and have used it primarily to help me get off to sleep (a very entertaining way to get to sleep). When I first got the system I used it with some nice full size Sony Headphones.

Eventually, I started using the system with simple earbuds (not the nice hihg-dollar ones) and just went back bigger earphones (the Portapros I use with my Ipod) and couldn't believe what I was missing with the earbuds- I was much more immersed in the experience.

My dilemma is this, I love music- all types (I'm a drummer also) and always vacillate between listening to my ipod as I go to sleep or doing a Proteus session. I know there is a line in on the Proteus that allows you to use the Audiostrobe CD's (I've been looking for MP3's of these btw- found one source, but still looking). My question is this- can I connect my ipod to my Proteus via that line in and have a mixture of music and tones or will the line in over ride the sounds that are build into sessions? I would love to be able to combine some of my favorite music with the PRoteus- I am imagining something like "In a Silent Way" by Miles Davis or many world percussoin tracks.

Any info or advice is greatlyu appreciated!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Adding Music to the Experience

Hello and welcome!

You can of course mix music with the internal tones. Use the supplied cable to connect your music player to the aux in on the Proteus.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes!

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Adding Music to the Experience

Thank you for the quick reply! I am assuming that the original cable that came with my Proteus is a typical 1/8" to 1/8" cable so any similar cable I have around would work the same (not sure I have the original cable but have several 1/8" jack cables that I use with various MP3 players and such)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Adding Music to the Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Willyvee View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply! I am assuming that the original cable that came with my Proteus is a typical 1/8" to 1/8" cable so any similar cable I have around would work the same (not sure I have the original cable but have several 1/8" jack cables that I use with various MP3 players and such)
    Yep! 3.5mm to 3.5mm TRS (Tip-Ring-Sleeve) as they call it!

5. Default Re: Adding Music to the Experience

Excellent, I have plenty of those around- no more trying to decide between my ipod and my proteus, thanks!

Thread Information