Thread: Eyes open experiement for Proteus, Procyon and Sirius

Default Eyes open experiement for Proteus, Procyon and Sirius

Today I made quite interesting experiment with my Proteus and the results were much more amazing that I was expecting. All is thanks to Andy that these days has been helping me so much to actualize my Proteus system.

Following the idea of one book about altered states of mind and using one white ball of tennis table, I cut it in two parts and I put half in each of my eyes, the idea is to create a Ganzfeld effect, but using together with my Proteus glasses and device, the results have been very impressive

When using my proteus with close eyes the gamma of colors is not very extense, but using with eyes open all kinds of colors are generated, as well all kind of geometrical structures.

The only problem is that in order to have a good experience you need to use the maximum of intensity in the glasses and if you are searching deep relaxation maybe is little difficult to get. But there is not damage for the eyes and amazing colors and kaleidoscopic forms.

If other people try this experiment, please enter your review in this thread, lets hope that all together we can get better and better results.

2. Default Re: Eyes open experiement for Proteus, Procyon and Sirius

Niel , I did the tennis ball thing a while back with my Proteus and Procyon.. Its definitely very interesting. Open eye ganzfield is the only real way to see good blue effects with the Procyon.

However it was a short lived experiment. I found the desire to close my eyes just too strong, and couldn't relax without doing that .

Mark

3. Default Re: Eyes open experiement for Proteus, Procyon and Sirius

I used to own a "theta-one" ganzfeld machine. It was such a cool device, the diffuse blue electroluminescent field looked so peaceful and calming. I'm kind of bummed that there haven't been advances in Ganzfeld devices. I was in an experimental high school and was doing crazy experiments on students with this ganzfeld device and binaural audio tapes. In doing some research I wasn't able to get any deep info on the "theta-one" but was able to find one of its successors, the "Stress Shield" by Opticon (I think that's the manufacturer name). Through a stroke of luck I was able to find a working stress shield used and it is coming in the mail today! Very excited. Except it won't be the same as that beautiful blue electro-field that was the theta-one. I would love to find a used one of those in working condition. I'm curious why no one ever looked into doing more ganzfeld devices, or ever experimented with an open eye flickering device.

Thread Information