Thread: Using thought stream to activate

Default Using thought stream to activate

Dear all relaxing using ts is easy but do you know how to activate ie increase arousal

Regards Ateeq

Blog Entries

Default Re: Using thought stream to activate

Quote Originally Posted by ateeq View Post
    Dear all relaxing using ts is easy but do you know how to activate ie increase arousal

Regards Ateeq
    Learning what it feels like to invoke focuses attention. You can do this by thinking about something that interests and motivates you. Perhaps a memory of a situation where you needed this focused attention. Pay attention to how your recreated that state. What did you say to yourself (self talk)? What did you visualize? What does it feel like in your body?

Biofeedback is about training yourself to recognize subtle changes in your mind and body according to state of mind.

It's easy for us to create anxious thoughts, which are on the high end of arousal. What you want to do is go down a notch from there to focused interest.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thank you for your reply it is appreciated ,I have no problem in relaxing I can do this with focussing on an object and regulating my self with my breath ie just be aware of it,but remain focusses on object,and when thought cones in focus on breath and don't pay attention to thought,then go back to focus on object ,this way you can deepen relaxation ,but you don't have to do anything to relax just let it happen.
    My issue is the reverse I want to learn to raise my energy
    No matter what I think i just keep relaxing
    I am grateful for any suggestions you may have
    Regards Ateeq

Blog Entries

My issue is the reverse I want to learn to raise my energy
    No matter what I think i just keep relaxing
    I am grateful for any suggestions you may have
    Regards Ateeq
    Can you get a bit more specific about the energy you want to create? Do you want more energy to do physical activities or energy to do mental activities?

When you are relaxed, are you able to concentrate on a task or do you find yourself easily distracted and your mind wandering?

When you say "relaxing" do you mean a calm mind or a sleepy mind?

M.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hello thank you for your reply
    I am easily distracted when
    Reading for example I also start to subvocalise
    Even though I know I am doing it ,I can't stop
    So yes I would like to concentrate better

But also I need more motivation to do things and it's usually
    Because I lack energy physical and mental energy so this is
    Why I want to activate but in positive way that will help
    I do have mental games and verim do you know of any other resources which will help
    Thanks for your time Ateeq

Blog Entries

Hello thank you for your reply
    I am easily distracted when
    Reading for example I also start to subvocalise
    Even though I know I am doing it ,I can't stop
    So yes I would like to concentrate better
    How is sub-vocalizing a problem? It's a pretty normal way to process information. I don't think that this would be the reason behind concentration problems. Just in case you were relating the two things with each other.

But also I need more motivation to do things and it's usually
    Because I lack energy physical and mental energy so this is
    Why I want to activate but in positive way that will help
    I do have mental games and verim do you know of any other resources which will help
    Mental games with the TS are helpful to train your mind to focus. Games such as Mandala are helpful because you can make it go faster (activation) or slower (relaxation). Focus, Drops and Insects are also good games for improving concentration. The game Flying is difficult but is also good for focus.

An awake and focused mind needs to be in a relaxed state, not as relaxed as a Theta state but not as activated as an anxious state (high beta).

That you are lacking in physical energy and your motivation is suffering, and assuming that you have been to a doctor and had your thyroid & blood sugar levels checked (both things can cause mental fog), there are some supplements that can help boost the energy.

Brand "Now" Vitamins makes an Acetyl-L-Carnitine (it has to be Acetyl-L-Carnitine, not any other form of Carnitine) & "Instant Energy B12" that I've found to be very beneficial to myself in boosting mental and physical energy. Sometimes, and I don't know if this is the case with you, our brain doesn't produce enough of certain chemicals that are needed for mental and physical energy. Certain supplements can help with that.

Energy drinks that are filled with caffeine and sugar will make you more hyper than alert and they aren't that great for your body.

If you are not opposed to pharmaceuticals, "Concerta" is a form of slow-release Ritalin which also helps with mental energy. People with ADD/ADHD, Fibromyalgia and a few other conditions find this drug to be helpful because their brains tend to have deficiencies in certain neurochemicals that are necessary for concentration.

Depending on how severe the problem is, depends on the solution. Some people just need to make some minor lifestyle changes such as increase exercise (ya, that helps the brain because it helps the body get more oxygen to the brain), improve diet and environment. Others need to step it up and take supplements and pharmaceuticals.

Brain games such as Mental Games are useful for anyone because the brain needs different kinds of stimulation to stay sharp. Stimulation can be learning something new, like playing an instrument or learning another language or it can be in the form of brain games such as Mental Games.

None of it is really a passive process and even if you don't feel motivated, you still need to engage yourself in the process of change. With motivation, you can come up with a combination of things you like to do and things that are good for you. For example, go for a walk somewhere interesting and listen to some music while doing so. If you like playing video games, find some that appeal to you but also work on more than just hand/eye coordination. Rock band or guitar hero are good for activation.

In the end, there are many things that can be helpful and everyone's situation is different. The most important thing is to make sure that there are no underlying medical reasons for the lack of energy and concentration and if there are, work with your doctor on a remedy and sometimes it takes a bit of time (and trial and error) to get dosages correct. A well-working brain is the result of a good physical, mental and emotional state.

Please keep me posted and let me know how it goes.

M.

Thanks I don't have any underlying health problems ,I do take
    Spiruela supplement ,I just need to learn to increase alertness
    And energy as you say mental games is good
    How do I learn how to make the mandela spin faster
    My thoughts normally slow it down regardless of types of thought
    Regards and thanks for your help

Blog Entries

Hi Ateeq,

How do I learn how to make the mandela spin faster
    My thoughts normally slow it down regardless of types of thought
    Regards and thanks for your help
    Practice

I've never been great at Mandala. Here's all the information I have on this particular game:

Goal: Meditation, energizing or trance induction.

1. Set amplify = 2, Time scale = 2 . Try to rotate the Mandela as fast as possible and then try to slow it down.

Time scale is how fast Mandela spins: 1 = fast, 16 = very slow.

You can control the speed of rotation - faster or slower depending on whether you choose positive or negative feedback

X = no reaction to biofeedback. Useful for meditation

1 & 2 = positive reaction
    -1 & -2 = negative reaction

We didn't write the programs so I don't have the expertise on how exactly they work beyond the basic instructions. However, they do have a website: http://www.mental-games.com/

Hope this helps.

M.

Thanks for your Help M when will
    The presage be out
    Best wishes Ateeq

Thread Information