Thread: Saved Files not recognized in Window 7 folder

1. Default Saved Files not recognized in Window 7 folder

Hello,

I have created a few files and saved them to my Procyon folder but they aren't being recognized by Windows 7, but when I access the folder through: File / Open / they are found by the editor and there is a little picture of a lock on them.

can this be part of the reason why I am not able to upload my file?

Thank you in advance,
    Brett

Blog Entries

Default Re: Saved Files not recognized in Window 7 folder

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Hello,

I have created a few files and saved them to my Procyon folder but they aren't being recognized by Windows 7, but when I access the folder through: File / Open / they are found by the editor and there is a little picture of a lock on them.

can this be part of the reason why I am not able to upload my file?

Thank you in advance,
    Brett
    Well, it's some fun with Windows 7. I don't pretend to know much if anything about Win7 file permissions and so on, but here's what I found:
    http://www.windows7news.com/2010/05/...plorer-folder/

See if that makes any sense.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Saved Files not recognized in Window 7 folder

Thanks Andy - It gets better. I right click on the file when I have the editor open to file and it says, Windows can't find the file.

What's funny is that I saved my file to my desktop and then dragged it into my Procyon folder and then it becomes visible.

I have downloaded custom files from the forum and they don't have a lock on them???

Also, I go to upload a session, I establish the link and then click on upload session and nothing happens. I know the connection works because I was able to update my OS.

Update:

It's working and I really don't know how it happened.
    The locks are still there but the uploaded fine.
    I might continue to save outside of folder and drop them in, but it's working.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Saved Files not recognized in Window 7 folder

Did a little more reading, and from what I can tell, you need to "take ownership" of the folder that you're storing your sessions into. If you don't, then Win7 will put the files in a VirtualStore (a different location that you DO own). It does this without your knowledge and points you there (like a shortcut) when you open the folder with the editor.

The easiest way around this is to make a "Procyon Sessions" folder in your "Documents" folder and store all your sessions there instead of storing them in the "Program Files/Procyon AVS" folder.

If you want to know more, Google "VirtualStore" and "Lock Icon", but suffice to say (afaik) you'll be fine if you store your sessions under your Documents folder.

5. Default Re: Saved Files not recognized in Window 7 folder

Thanks Andy for doing the extra dig on that. I'll go ahead and make my session folder there.
    I still miss my Windows 2000k lol

Thread Information