Thread: Tips for a good visuals in the Procyon Anybody??

1. Default Tips for good visuals on the Procyon

Hello All,

I was wondering if anybody would like to share their ideas and tips for making great visual displays in the Procyon?
    I'm thinking about DC offset, Phase shifts, etc.

I would like to figure way to make the visuals appear like firework bursts / Kaleidoscopes / Mandalas...

I am going from the Proteus to the Procyon and have just finished my first custom build.

thanks,
    Brett
    Last edited by Andy; 08-04-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: cleanup

2. Default Re: Tips for a good visuals in the Procyon Anybody??

Brett , I find that a lot of the visuals ie matrix's and mandalas that get generated are momentary ones that come about from sudden shifts between certain frequencies , then they die off quickly. The Proteus is great for experimenting with this in real time as it has a manual mode.

So I'd advise experiment with various frequency shifts as well as particular frequencies

I'd mention also that I've personally found some sort of habituation involved with AVS ( that hasn't corrected after a lay off ) . After 6 years of using them I don't get remotely as rich visuals as I used to . I used to see much more 3 dimensionality..bah relief structures , islamic patterns, circuit boards and the like. Its like my brain just can't be bothered creating things out of the chaos anymore . I guess its an evolutionary thing. Its worked out that my life will not depend on my ability to be able to see something in the chaos ie ..there are no real predators lurking there that may threaten my life

Try the search function..you'll find some threads on the topic.

There is a link somewhere here to a good scientific/mathematical paper on the formation of 'visuals' too.
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 08-04-2010 at 11:42 AM.

3. Default Re: Tips for a good visuals in the Procyon Anybody??

Thanks for the input.

I've used proteus for a few years now and always changed the programs within 2 uses. I have been trying to keep my brain guessing as to what it would be subjected to.

I have found, what I use to almost fall asleep to then is no where near what the frequency is now.

Now that I have the Procyon, I'm interested in seeing the new patterns I'll be able to make.

Thanks again,
    B

Thread Information