Thread: Frequency Vs. Pitch when editing?

1. Default Frequency Vs. Pitch when editing?

Is there any material or books published on Frequency and Pitch relationship?

I have found that in the Proteus I liked 4.5-7.8mhz with a pitch in the 40-80's as opposed to the 110-150's but haven't been able to find any documentation that goes over these variances.

Now that I am moving to the Procyon, I want to make better programs and document as much as I can regarding how they are built and areas of the mind they are working.

Thanks again,
    Brett

Blog Entries

Default Re: Frequency Vs. Pitch when editing?

My understanding is that the Pitch (Carrier frequency) is not important, except that it be audible and not annoying.

Someone else may correct me on that, but that's my impression.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Frequency Vs. Pitch when editing?

Thanks Andy -

I've found that at the lower carrier frequency(40-80's), I am able to experience deeper trance like states and didn't know if any studies had been done it.

Brett

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Is there any material or books published on Frequency and Pitch relationship?

I have found that in the Proteus I liked 4.5-7.8mhz with a pitch in the 40-80's as opposed to the 110-150's but haven't been able to find any documentation that goes over these variances.

Now that I am moving to the Procyon, I want to make better programs and document as much as I can regarding how they are built and areas of the mind they are working.

Thanks again,
    Brett
    Hi Brett,

I also like the lower toned pitch as opposed to the higher. On the programs that I created (Proteus and Procyon), I adjusted the pitch to what I liked and I still got the results I wanted.

In all the books I've seen (so far) there isn't much mentioned about pitch. I vaguely recall reading one paper that mentioned pitch but it had more to do with binaural beats produced by sound and those sounds must be pulsed.

Usually the pitch (in AVS programs) is varied to reduce habituation and boredom and/or irritation caused by listening to the same sound.

As Andy said, it's the frequency itself that is important.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Frequency Vs. Pitch when editing?

Thanks for the Input Marisa. I am looking at the new editor now and feel a little overwhelmed at all the different light inputs and the new layout.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Thanks for the Input Marisa. I am looking at the new editor now and feel a little overwhelmed at all the different light inputs and the new layout.
    Hi Brett,

What I've done is modify an already existing program. This is much easier than trying to create a program from scratch. Just make sure you save it under a different name so you don't over write the original.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

7. Default Re: Frequency Vs. Pitch when editing?

Hi Marisa,

That's what I think I am going to do. There are so many more options available to tweak, I don't know where to start. I spent the afternoon trying to get my head around all the new features. lol

Thanks again,
    Brett

Thread Information