Thread: Excessive light with AudioStrobe files with Procyon & Portable MP3 player

Question Excessive light with AudioStrobe files with Procyon & Portable MP3 player

Hi,

I have a Procyon and have recently been using AudioStrobe mp3 files with it. When I connect the PC to it, it works beautifully, however when I connect a portable MP3 player to it I don?t get the same effect.

For example, when I play a particular AudioStrobe file on the PC, for the first few seconds there is no light but then it gradually fades in and can then see a distinctive range of changing colours and paterns.

When I play the same audiostrobe file on the portable MP3 player, I get sudden bright red light as soon as I hit play and then after a few seconds it starts to flash which I?m assuming is supposed to be where the audiostrobe cue should start. The rest of the session is washed out by the overpowering bright red light.

I don?t hear any feedback or white noise, so am unsure as to what?s triggering the excessive lighting.

I have tried turning the equaliser off on the MP3 player and have also tried lowering the volume on the MP3 player but the problem with lowering the volume is that it lowers the sound and light but the same dominant red light is still present but only to a lesser degree.

If I didn?t try the file first on the PC, I probably wouldn?t have noticed the problem, but the difference is like night and day when you compare them both. I also feel unsettled after listening to an audiostrobe session on the MP3 player, whereas I feel noticeably calmer after listening to the same session on the pc.

Has anyone else noticed this? The MP3 player is actually my phone (Nokia N95) but it has a standard stereo socket that I have connected the stereo patch cable that came with the Procyon (the same cable I have used with the PC).

Any advice / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Blog Entries

Default Re: Excessive light with AudioStrobe files with Procyon & Portable MP3 player

Hello James and Welcome!

Most likely the compression process is messing up the audiostrobe signals. Another possibility is that the audio on the MP3 player has excessive high frequency noise. This noise could be above the limits of hearing, where the AS signals are (19.2khz).

Try putting the AS tracks on the MP3 player in .WAV (uncompressed) format and see if that helps.

Let us know what you find.

-Andy.

Default Re: Excessive light with AudioStrobe files with Procyon & Portable MP3 player

Thanks Andy,

I tried converting to WAV but it didn't help. I was able to try some other MP3 players and there was still some noise but to a much lesser degree.

The fault doesn't appear to be with the audiostrobe Mp3 or the Procyon.

I have just discovered the Audiostrobe settings in the Procyon editor and have moved the Analog Noise Floor adjustment slider towards the right to make it less sensitive to feedback noise and this has solved it completely

I am relatively new to world of AVS products, audiostrobe, binaural beats etc and the majority of google searches have ended up on this site.

What a great forum you have here!!

Thanks,

James

Thread Information