Thread: download problems

1. Default download problems

I just got the procyon for x-mas, killer machine! I don't think I could have pick a better machine for my first light-sound experience!

I didn't receive software, so I came to site to DL the editor. when I click on setup.exe it opens adobe act reader as the default app. and gives me a message stating it is not a supported file or file is damaged. the only way I can figure that the .exe file got attached to adobe was because I read the readmefirst file. is it supposed to open in adobe? I"m running on an apple OXS.

HELP! I'm dying to play with the editor! It is possible to change the default app, don't know what app to use or what I should open .exe file with. Is this editor even compatible with mac?

Another question, in the editor, can you lay music tracks with sessions to hear through the procyon rather than using an external audio source?

thanks,
    Monique

Blog Entries

Default Re: download problems

Quote Originally Posted by pianissimo69 View Post
    I just got the procyon for x-mas, killer machine! I don't think I could have pick a better machine for my first light-sound experience!

I didn't receive software, so I came to site to DL the editor. when I click on setup.exe it opens adobe act reader as the default app. and gives me a message stating it is not a supported file or file is damaged. the only way I can figure that the .exe file got attached to adobe was because I read the readmefirst file. is it supposed to open in adobe? I"m running on an apple OXS.

HELP! I'm dying to play with the editor! It is possible to change the default app, don't know what app to use or what I should open .exe file with. Is this editor even compatible with mac?

Another question, in the editor, can you lay music tracks with sessions to hear through the procyon rather than using an external audio source?

thanks,
    Monique
    I'm sorry to say that the software is not mac-compatible. You should be able to run it using a virtual-pc type program, but that may be quite an advanced procedure if you haven't done that before.

3. Default Re: download problems

Why does it not say that the procyon software is not Mac compatible in product information ????

The product information should list PC requirements.

Monique

Blog Entries

You're right! We had that in the FAQ for the Proteus, but forgot to list the requirements for the Procyon.

We're actually quite surprised (and excited) at the interest the software for the Procyon has had.
    After all, I think that maybe 4 people in the whole world actually used the Proteus software on the 1000's of machines we sold!

Many apologies for the confusion. We will get a FAQ together for that ASAP.

-Andy.

5. Default Re: download problems

Thanks Andy, I think it will be helpful.
    As for me, all is not lost. we do have one windows PC in the house, my son's.
    since I have to wrestle him for the machine every time I turn around, I'll just turn him into my little procyon slave and make him do all the work and sessions on his computer! LOL

Thanks, for your help. This is a great forum, and I believe many appreciate the continuing support all the moderators provide here.

Monique

Blog Entries

Thanks for your kind words!

Maybe in the future if there's enough interest we can look into building a MAC version of the software. First, though, we've got to get through the issues with the current version and firmware.

-Andy.

Thread Information