Thread: And So It Begins "Teens using digital tones to get high"

Default And So It Begins "Teens using digital tones to get high"

It amazes me how busy bodies who don't like exploring their own brain, want to control anyone else that does.

Ah well, beware when they try to shut down AVE /AVS devices. I'm sure that will become a major focus of their concerns in the near future.

OKLAHOMA CITY — Teens in Oklahoma and other states are experimenting with what they say is a new way to get high: listening to online music and tones that they say can cause a drug-like state of euphoria.

The youths plug into what they call 'i-dosers' by putting on headphones and downloading music and tones that create a supposed drug-like euphoria, according to some school officials.

The technology is designed to combine a tone in each ear to create a binaural beat designed to alter brainwaves. Teenagers say they listen to certain songs or tones online to get high.

In March, three students at Mustang High School in Mustang, Okla., were sent to the principal's office when they appeared to be high on drugs or alcohol, Mustang School District Superintendent Bonnie Lightfoot said. She said the kids explained that they had tried something called i-dosers. Whether it was kids faking it, the power of suggestion or a real high wasn't clear to administrators who investigated the students' claims.

Adding to the mystery was the fact that these kids weren't troublemakers, Lightfoot said. So the worried Lightfoot sent parents a letter warning them to be aware of this new temptation to kids.

'The parents' reaction was the same as mine. Just shocked,' Lightfoot said.

Now other schools and drug experts are concerned about this trend.

More @ link

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...ones-get-high/

Last edited by MagickMuffin; 07-16-2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: picture was missing

Thread Information