Thread: Alarm Message When Installing Procyon2-1-00 in Windows XP Professional

Post Alarm Message When Installing Procyon2-1-00 in Windows XP Professional

I am getting an alarm message from Windows XP Professional... this happens just before the software for the Procyon 2-1-00 is about to complete its installation (quote as it were): "this is software is not registered with Microsoft bla-bla-bla... do you wish to continue or cancel" ( or words to that effect) then the warning informs you of the risks you may be taking by proceeding inc. damage to the system, etc.

Also I installed the program via the Control Panel in the first instance but guess what? the software is not listed. It is listed in programs thought (START menu) and it has an uninstall feature so... no problem here ....

What is worrying me is the Microsoft Windows XP in-built "alarm bell!".I am wondering if the software is compatible with XP? My AV is not picking up nothing thought. Have System Mechanic installed if it comes to the worst...

I will wait to hear from you before connecting the Procyon (version 2+) to the computer (Windows XP Professional) and experimenting with it.

I can send you the full alarm text IF I uninstall and re-install the software... but I hope the gist of it (above) will be enough. It saves me uninstalling it and then re-installing it (the warning will then re-appear).

I look forward to hearing the advice or reassurance of someone with the know-how of this issue.

Thanks a million!

Al

Blog Entries

Default Re: Alarm Message When Installing Procyon2-1-00 in Windows XP Professional

Hi Al;

The software you're trying to install is not the latest.

Please use the "Procyon Installer" from this page: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm

It installs the editor and driver for Windows. Pick the Rev2 driver for your particular Procyon.

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

-Andy.

Default Re: Alarm Message When Installing Procyon2-1-00 in Windows XP Professional

Thanks Andy. Feedback much appreciated. I downladed the software from the link you suggested. I uninstalled it (this was the link I had previously used anyway) and installed the package again. I made sure I was ticking the Rev 2 driver (plus the editing software proper). I did not tick the Rev 1 driver. Again I am getting the following warning message from XP (Professional). See file in .pdf attached.

I proceeded with the installation anyway but I shall wait to hear from you before venturing to connect the Procyon console to the computer - as an overprecaution, as it were . The PC seems to be working fine. I have run my System Mechanic software. It found a few registry errors but these could be unrelated. They tend to accumulate over time anyway.

Al
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Al Cruz View Post
    Thanks Andy. Feedback much appreciated. I downladed the software from the link you suggested. I uninstalled it (this was the link I had previously used anyway) and installed the package again. I made sure I was ticking the Rev 2 driver (plus the editing software proper). I did not tick the Rev 1 driver. Again I am getting the following warning message from XP (Professional). See file in .pdf attached.

I proceeded with the installation anyway but I shall wait to hear from you before venturing to connect the Procyon console to the computer - as an overprecaution, as it were . The PC seems to be working fine. I have run my System Mechanic software. It found a few registry errors but these could be unrelated. They tend to accumulate over time anyway.

Al
    Ignore the warning and click "Continue Anyway". It's a very common message for unsigned drivers. I'm surprised that you have not seen that message before. Many, many products out there use unsigned drivers as Microsoft charges a pile of money to sign them, and each time they are updated you have to pay again. There is no cause for alarm.

-Andy.

Greetings Andy!

Thanks for your reassurance.

Since you mention it, I had seen something akin albeit less alarming. It used to be along the lines "if you trust this software, etc. press continue" - or words to that effect. This particular dialogue box never appeared to me before, thus my interrogation marks.

It seems Microsoft,recently, via their automatic updates, has created a more alarming dialogue box for dubious reasons (...) Naughty Bill!

Thanks again Andy for clarifying this minor issue.

Al
    Last edited by Al Cruz; 06-14-2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Oops! This subject thread already existed. See: "Laxman Goggles with Procyon".

Thread Information