Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta Testers Needed for Audiostrobe Software

Default Beta Testers Needed for Audiostrobe Software

Hello to all AVS geeks out there!

My name is Steve, and I've been working on some software for creating audiostrobe tracks. I've gotten it very close to the release stage, but I would really appreciate one or two souls to help me test it on a variety of systems before I release it to the public.

Let me tell you about it. The software is quite advanced, giving the user all sorts of control over the audiostrobe signal (brightness, blink rate, phase offset, etc.) It also has some audio processing capabilities, allowing the user to make audiostrobe tracks which blink (and change in other ways) in time with music. It's got a noise generator and a binaural beat generator built in as well. Perhaps the coolest feature is the ability to "play" the lights with a keyboard using MIDI.

The thing is, it is not a standalone program - it is a VST plugin, which requires the use of additional audio sequencing software, such as Cubase, Ableton Live, Sonar, etc.

Also, it relies heavily on the concepts of analog synthesizers, so it's quite technical, and geared generally towards users who already have this kind of knowledge. I plan to write a manual which will educate people on how to use it, but until then, I think the people most qualified to test this software are people who already use some kind of VST host software and have at least some passing knowledge of analog synthesis.

Unfortunately, it is PC only. If you would like to help me test this software, please send me a PM through the forum, telling me what VST host(s) you would use, and whether or not you have some familiarity with analog synthesis. I plan to release it as donationware, not commercially, so can offer no real compensation except for a hearty thanks in the documentation, and a free version of the official release, sent with no expectation of a donation.

Thanks for your interest,

-Steve

Default Re: Beta Testers Needed for Audiostrobe Software

Hi Steve,

I'd love to have a look at your latest version! I've changed over to Ableton Live, so there should be no problem there.

Cheers,
    Craig

3. Default Re: Beta Testers Needed for Audiostrobe Software

Just like to add a note there for people not clear about what this VST plug in will do . Apart from being a stand alone ( within a MIDI sequencer program ) sound generator for binaural amd monoaural beats with ability to modulate noise waveforms and user supplied sound loops , it will allow very precise choreographing of light flashes in your LED goggles with all the intricate capability of MIDI sequence editing tools.

Every imaginable parameter of control over the LEDS can be mapped to the knobs , buttons and sliders of a even a cheap MIDI control interface module. It will allow the 'writing' and editing of complex flashing effects in sequence with audio tracks in a way hitherto not possible and all using the MIDI protocol.

In the future , we are going to see the word `synaesthesia' take on new meaning in relation to AVS as musicians and AVS `light artists' get hold of and unleash the power that this plugin will provide. Its the most exciting advance in AVS light control since ( I believe ) the introduction of Audiostrobe technology .

Well done , Steve and congratulations on your near release quality `build'

Mark

4. Default Re: Beta Testers Needed for Audiostrobe Software

Hi,

Would be happy to test for you. I'm assuming the VST would work in Adobe Audition?

Thanks,
    mark

Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Just like to add a note there for people not clear about what this VST plug in will do . Apart from being a stand alone ( within a MIDI sequencer program ) sound generator for binaural amd monoaural beats with ability to modulate noise waveforms and user supplied sound loops , it will allow very precise choreographing of light flashes in your LED goggles with all the intricate capability of MIDI sequence editing tools.

Every imaginable parameter of control over the LEDS can be mapped to the knobs , buttons and sliders of a even a cheap MIDI control interface module. It will allow the 'writing' and editing of complex flashing effects in sequence with audio tracks in a way hitherto not possible and all using the MIDI protocol.

In the future , we are going to see the word `synaesthesia' take on new meaning in relation to AVS as musicians and AVS `light artists' get hold of and unleash the power that this plugin will provide. Its the most exciting advance in AVS light control since ( I believe ) the introduction of Audiostrobe technology .

Well done , Steve and congratulations on your near release quality `build'

Mark
    Wow, Mark - Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by markmccoid View Post
    Hi,

I'm assuming the VST would work in Adobe Audition?
    Hi Mark,

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Since Audition is untested so far, your help would be most appreciated. Please PM me with an address where I can send the file.

Best,

-Steve

7. Default Re: Beta Testers Needed for Audiostrobe Software

Steve,

I have sent a PM your way, with some bg info on my qualifications.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Charles

8. Default Re: Beta Testers Needed for Audiostrobe Software

sent PM

Blog Entries

I would like to test out this VST plugin. I use Ableton Live. If someone could send me a link for download. Esteband? I would very much appreciate it.

10. Default Re: Beta Testers Needed for Audiostrobe Software

would like to test this vst plugin creating an audiostrobe with a synthesizer sounds awsome
    and it opens all kinds of avenues of music sound syncronizing.

Thread Information