Thread: Procyon stopped working

Question Procyon stopped working

Hi, Andy.

I bought the Procycon two weeks ago, and I love it. It's great to put me to sleep or wake me in the morning. But two nights ago, it stopped working.
    When I hit the play button, it says END

and nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong? I want to keep the machine, but if something's wrong then I rather have one that works.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks, James
    Last edited by Andy; 05-10-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon stopped working

Hi James;

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your Procyon.

Please make sure your volume and brightness are turned up on the Procyon. Try running it with the USB cable plugged into your computer (to power it from USB rather than batteries). Try putting in BRAND-NEW alkaline batteries.

The display normally reads "END" when you press the play/stop button after a session is already playing.

Default Re: Procyon stopped working

Andy, thank you for the fast reply. I think it may have been a combination of both those things you mentioned. I turned both sound and brightness up when the batteries were dead. Then turned them back where they were when I put the new batteries in. It didn't work then either.

i finally did get it working. Thanks for your help. Yeah, I want to keep this. I was just concerned because $270 is a lot of money if it's already breaking down. I was willing to wait if it needed new firmware. I didn't know it was me

But I have to admit, you folks at mindplace keep the costs down so the rest of us people with average jobs can afford to benefit from this technology. Some of this ekg feedback software I've seen costs three times as much as the hardware. It doesn't really make sense except that I won't buy from them. I just went to purchase NP2 for $59 and now they have NP3 for $85. So I appreciate your company has kept the costs down. And you do a great job of keeping the boards interesting and maintained. You really don't get enough credit. Although that captcha when you register drives me nuts.

btw, I ordered Procycon on Friday, after 5 pm from Washington State, and the Post Office delivered it into my Massachusetts P.O. Box on Monday Morning at 6 a.m. This was sent PRIORITY and not Express. And the cost was half of that from UPS.

I heard the presage (which i'm considering) will be ready around christmas. Will it cost more than the Procycon? Or is the company keeping you in the dark
    thank you, James
    Last edited by Andy; 05-10-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Thread Information