Thread: Procyon vs Minspa

Default Procyon vs Minspa

Has anybody tried both of theese and which one is the better
    Regards Ateeq

Default Re: Procyon vs Minspa

We think that our machines are better for a variety of reasons; better feature set, brighter lights/better eyewear, more colors longer battery life, and less expensive for what you get. The MindSpa is produced by our former salesman, whom I believe does not fully understand the subtlties of the technology, either.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    The MindSpa is produced by our former salesman, whom I believe does not fully understand the subtlties of the technology, either.

Robert
    As an aside, in the promotional literature the mind spa is endorsed by Dr. Richard Bandler, one of the creators of NLP. If you get a chance you might want to read up on Richard Bandler's murder trial. Interesting reading.

http://www.geocities.com/bandlertrial/index.html

Blog Entries

Hi Dave,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    As an aside, in the promotional literature the mind spa is endorsed by Dr. Richard Bandler, one of the creators of NLP. If you get a chance you might want to read up on Richard Bandler's murder trial. Interesting reading.

http://www.geocities.com/bandlertrial/index.html
    Thanks for finding that information. The article was an interesting read. I had heard bits and pieces about the murder charge though out the years but I've never read such a detailed description of Bandler's life.

On a similar but more current note, there is a lawsuit initiated by Bandler against many prominent members of the NLP community. http://www.nlpschedule.com/random/lawsuit.html

This brings me mixed feelings as I always had a lot of respect for Richard and his contribution to the field of NLP. I wish he had made better choices and became an "elder" of the NLP community instead of pursuing a lawsuit over ownership of NLP. I think that NLP, like Hypnosis, Psychology & Neurofeedback are fields of knowledge, which no one "owns" but many contribute to the evolution of.

I'll bet that if Richard tried a Proteus or better yet, a Procyon ... he'd kick himself for endorsing the Mindspa.

Why don't anyone advised Rich Bandler what to promote?
    Max Danilushkin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crepuscule creature View Post
    Why don't anyone advised Rich Bandler what to promote?
    Oh How I wish someone would!!!

M.

Correct me if im wrong but the mindspa lacks the expandability of the procyon, and certainly does not have the ability to interact with input devices such as skin conductivity or eeg. Additionally their eyes open glasses seem to miss the mark entirely. That said, it appears to me that mindspa has "form" while procyon has "function". Ergenomics, button placement, etc seem better on mindspa. For general consumers, the term "mindspa" will be more readily understandable than "procyon" which sounds more like a star trek term. That said, any amount of research into a sound investment has to lead to the procyon. Count me as one happy customer!

Blog Entries

Hi Gordon,

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the mindspa lacks the expandability of the Procyon, and certainly does not have the ability to interact with input devices such as skin conductivity or EEG. Additionally their eyes open glasses seem to miss the mark entirely. That said, it appears to me that mindspa has "form" while Procyon has "function". Ergonomics, button placement, etc seem better on mindspa. For general consumers, the term "mindspa" will be more readily understandable than "Procyon" which sounds more like a star trek term. That said, any amount of research into a sound investment has to lead to the Procyon. Count me as one happy customer!

First of all, I really have to compliment you on the way that you wrote this message. You were objective and made some really good points and did a fantastic job on the comparison. This is very valuable information and highly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to write this commentary.

M.

I recall Richard Bandler thanking the people from Robbins Research and Synetic Systems in the beginning of his Neurosychronizer tapes. In the "about us" page of mindplace.com I read that Synetic Systems is the predecessor of MindPlace.

I think the former sales guy who is now selling MindSpa's was the contact person?

Cheers
    Bogey,

P.s. The murder trial is soooo old news, and Bandler was not the one on trial. The other lawsuit mentioned (between Bandler and his former associates/students) has been settled a few years ago.
    And none of this info has anything to do with the topic. Why bring it up? Churchill drank just a little too much. Franz Schubert suffered from syphilis, Mozart and Beethoven were obnoxious guys and yet people all over the world still enjoy their music. Sometimes geniuses might do strange things but that doesn't mean that what they are really good at sucks...

Thread Information