Thread: MP3 and SyncroMuse

Default MP3 and SyncroMuse

Hi again

As I've been reading through the posts and gathering more intelligence about the Procyon I was interested in discovering info on the SyncroMuse. Did I understand that external MP3s can not be used with the program?

One more thing . I had on old L&S Machine about 15 years ago, which broke. I believe it was a Nova Photosonic? What has really attracted me to the Procyon is the description of the light system. It really sounds like great advancement has been made. I have an LCD HD TV and am always stunned at the clarity of the colors. I'd watch almost anything in HD the color is so tremendous. Would you consider that a fair analogy to the Procyon?

Thanks

Bill

Default Re: MP3 and SyncroMuse

Hi, Bill--

SynchroMuse was designed to work with compact discs--the bit of digital code at the beginning of the file is encoded at 19.2 khz, like AudioStrobe signals. But if you were to convert the entire file to MP3 format, the digital data doesn't make it through the conversion process.*

If there is a way to attach a WAV file to the start of an MP3 file, then it would work. Or, it could be possible to select a slower data rate--we'll have a look at that in the near future. Of course we welcome any comments from those MP3 experts out there!

* The AudioStrobe signal does make it through MP3 conversion, because no actual data is being encoded--just brightness information.

--Robert

Thanks Robert.

Also can you offer any comparison to the older light goggles and the newer Ganzfield lenses in the Procyon?

Thanks

Bill

Blog Entries

Hi Bill;

In general terms the Ganzfeld frames ("GanzFrames") that come with the Procyon have 3 colours each with 256 intensities. The Proteus 2-colour frames have only 16 intensities on each colour. What in effect you can achieve is a smooth transition of colours and many more colour possibilities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BillO View Post
    Thanks Robert.

Also can you offer any comparison to the older light goggles and the newer Ganzfield lenses in the Procyon?

Thanks

Bill

In addition to the other differences mentioned ... another one of the differences between the old LFs and the New is that the older light frames had LEDs that stuck out about 1/2 inch (maybe less) on the inside of the light frame. For some people who had flatter faces, the LFs were uncomfortable because the LEDS were too close to their eyes. The Ganzframes have corrected that problem by using smaller LEDs and by putting a diffusing screen in front of the LEDS. The new glasses are also a bit smaller and more comfortable to wear.

M.

Thread Information