Thread: New User

Default New User

Hello,

I have used a different type of mind machine in the past (I believe it was Gemini) and the lights only flashed red. I used a cd with it and found it very relaxing. I have tried the Procyon a few times on different settings and only seem to get a mild headache from it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: New User

May I suggest hydrating (drink water) yourself adequately prior to the session! Many times AVS/BWE sessions cause increases in cerebral blood flow and without adequate hydration an headache may ensue afterward. Of course it is prudent to always give yourself suggestion that upon finishing your session you will feel comfortable and clear headed!
    Ed Mackey PhD

I have found that I also get headaches when the brightness of the lights is set too high and creates a kind of glare (with eyes closed) and that reducing the brightness level solves that issue. Good luck...

Thanks for your help. I ordered the Neuro Programmer 2 cd with my unit and am totally confused as to proceeding from here. I downloaded the cd onto my computer. Could I have have some very simple instructions as to how I proceed from here?

Thumbs up Re: New User

NP 2 has a complete Help section with full instruction.
    Your Procyon also has a complete instruction section for utilizing the editor to create your own programs etc.
    Perhaps the best starting place would be to use the standard session program that comes built in to the Procyon.
    Ed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Thanks for your help. I ordered the Neuro Programmer 2 cd with my unit and am totally confused as to proceeding from here. I downloaded the cd onto my computer. Could I have have some very simple instructions as to how I proceed from here?
    Hi Brad;

Transparent also has their own support and forum, which I would recommend checking out for help with using their product.
    http://www.transparentcorp.com/support/

-Andy.

Thread Information