Thread: Ganzfeld experiment

1. Default Ganzfeld experiment

Hello

Firstly for those of you that are considering purchasing a Procyon then go for it, this machine is awesome.

I first had a Proteus from http://www.meditations-uk.com & tested this out for a few weeks and found it so good that I decided to pay the extra and upgraded to the Procyon. I was not disappointed, the Proteus is a very good light & sound machine but the Procyon is even better.

In my opinion 3 lights are definitely better than 2 for entertainment & entrainment, plus it still does Audiostrobe and if you connect it to your PC you can adjust the lights so there is no need to by more glasses as you can choose which colours you need. I've played with the settings and you have complete control, and if you do decide you want to by some other glasses then there is a handy converter you can purchase for a few dollars.

The headphones are also a lot more comfortable than the Proteus headphones although you can use your own if you like, I have even plugged my Procyon into my sound asleep pillow, I'm pretty sure it had the same effect (sleeping P27, night voyage), & my misses also got the benefit as she could just about hear it, although I hogged the Ganzframes.

The visualisation programs are also excellent, very trippy which I like, and there are so many programs to choose from, this device will keep you amused for hours, oh and will also help you study, relax, concentrate, meditate, learn, re-energise & visualise.

SynchroMuse is also a bonus, there is a track on this forum called Solar Neighbourhood, if you download this and add the program file to your Procyon set it to das mode and hit play on your PC you will be transported to a different world, this feature is worth the purchase alone.

Anyway, I am going to try & create a program that I can use for the Ganzfeld experiment, which I can also use for visualisation, colour meditation, skrying etc.

I am wondering which method would create the best effect. I have set the program according to the manual, just enabled the red channel and set the freq to max, although it does say in the manual that you should select a low setting for frequency.
    Sound is also disabled as I will be using the frames with the standard white or pink noise playing in the background; I have attached a screenshot of the editor?s settings.

I was also wondering if there is a way to get the same effect using the editors Audiostrobe settings to set both to red then have a constant level for the lights, which I think I can do in Neuro Programmer 3.

Any ideas welcome & thanks for developing an excellent light & sound device, can?t wait for the Presage.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Ganzfeld experiment

Hi,

There's two ways of setting up ganzfeld with the Procyon. You can set the frequency at 70Hz and let the natural process of vision smooth it out - this way you can easily adjust brightness. Or you can use the DC Offset and set the Amplitude to zero, which is touchy, but doesn't have 70Hz flicker.

In NP3 you just set the frequency of an Audiostrobe track to zero.

Great to hear you're having fun!

Cheers,
    Craig

3. Cool Re: Ganzfeld experiment

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the info, I will try those settings out and see which one I like the best. By the way, I found your AVSblog & have book marked it for later, looks very interesting

I have been playing with SynchroMuse today & have started making my own light show to a track I found on a royalty free site, its very disturbing but this is good, I'm trying to recreate that feeling of dread that you get when your next in line for the rollercoaster and you've just finished watching the Final Destination Trilogy. I might even add some 8 - 4 hz entrainment brainwaves to really mess with my head

It's only just over 4 minutes long but its a start

I have uploaded the project session files, header, original MP3, wav track with header and or course the labels and spreadsheet, just incase anyone else wants to play with it. its only 22mB.

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/378237114/inner_sanctum.rar
    There are 35 segments in the session file that you can adjust, although I think I've got it pretty good at the moment apart from near the end there is a section with blue & green, that goes on a bit long, but I'll fix that tomorrow.

And I certainly am having fun, last night I tried to set up the Sphincter Resonance in NP3, although I got one of the tones wrong I had 30 & 5Hz, but I'm sure I felt a tickle. lol.

I think I might try it on my Mum with the proper tones which I think are 13 & 5

Thanks again for the info, most appreciated.

Constructive critisism welcome for the SM track

Nite all.
    psychosounds

Thread Information