Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sirius - AudioStrobe and Ganzframes

Default Sirius - AudioStrobe and Ganzframes

Hi there,

I've just purchased a Sirius unit which I hope will help with stress, anxiety, depression & sleep problems (and possibly pain management?). I'm also interested in buying some of the Audiostrobe titles. Can anyone advise me as to whether the CD's can be converted for use via an Ipod with the Sirius? And, if so, what sort of file format would I need to use on Itunes? I see that I could download mp3's from the Audiostrobe website, but I would like to have the actual CD's as well.

In addition to the white light frames supplied with the Sirius, I also ordered a pair of Sapphire frames, being under the impression (perhaps mistakenly?) that blue light encourages the production of serotonin. However, the supplier has sent me the Ruby/Sapphire frames instead of single colour blue. I believe the Mindplace website mentions that these bi-colour frames produce a blue light experience, but when I tried them out this only happened at a very low level of light intensity. At any higher level the red light seemed to be more apparent than the blue. I'm not sure whether to return the frames or not. Does anyone have an opinion as to the relative efficacy of the red/blue frames as compared to the single blue?

Many thanks.

Default Re: New to Mindplace - Some Questions

Hi Sura,

You can convert the CDs to MP3, no problem. Just make sure you output high quality, 320kB MP3, or you'll lose some of the light control.

Blue light apparently suppresses conversion of serotonin to melatonin, which can disrupt sleep, and would lead to higher available serotonin, but the effect seems to be negligible with these machine. Alpha frequencies are associated with serotonin release.

Overall I would venture that the colour has a great deal less impact than the flashing rate, and that you can safely choose based purely on personal preference. The red/blue combo does produce some striking visuals. Blue-only tends to be a bit dull and flat.

Cheers,
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    Hi Sura,

You can convert the CDs to MP3, no problem. Just make sure you output high quality, 320kB MP3, or you'll lose some of the light control.

Blue light apparently suppresses conversion of serotonin to melatonin, which can disrupt sleep, and would lead to higher available serotonin, but the effect seems to be negligible with these machine. Alpha frequencies are associated with serotonin release.

Overall I would venture that the colour has a great deal less impact than the flashing rate, and that you can safely choose based purely on personal preference. The red/blue combo does produce some striking visuals. Blue-only tends to be a bit dull and flat.

Cheers,
    Craig
    I agree with Craig, the Blue glasses are a bit dull an boring. Just my opinion, but I'd recommend sending your red/blue glasses back and get a set of red ones. In my opinion these red glasses and give you a little better/sharper light patterns for AudioStrobe CD's, or MP3's, than the white ones (which are still very good).

Cheers,
    TomC

Craig & Tom,

Thanks for your responses. I've only recently acquired an iPod and I'm not at all tech savvy. I hope that I'll be able to figure out the correct import and output settings in iTunes for the Audiostrobe titles. BTW, will I still hear the Sirius "clicks" as well as the Audiostrobe content?

Have either of you tried any of the Zen Latitudes titles that Mindplace offer on their website? I can't work out whether or not they are meant to work with the lightframes.

I think that whichever frames I use, I'll have to go with a low intensity, as my eyes are getting a bit sore.

Sura

Default Audiostrobe/iPod Problem

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post

I'm hoping someone may be able to offer me advice on the following problem:

I've just received the Audiostrobe CD's and tried to transfer one of them to my iPod via iTunes. When I inserted the disc into my computer, iTunes offered a variety of ways to import the CD. I chose mp3 format and "custom" from the drop down menu, which I set for 320kb. iTunes has imported the disc and will play it via my computer, but when I try to drag and drop the music into my iPod Classic, nothing happens.

I'd appreciate any input on this.

Thanks.

Default Re: Audiostrobe/iPod Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sura View Post
    I'm hoping someone may be able to offer me advice on the following problem:

I've just received the Audiostrobe CD's and tried to transfer one of them to my iPod via iTunes. When I inserted the disc into my computer, iTunes offered a variety of ways to import the CD. I chose mp3 format and "custom" from the drop down menu, which I set for 320kb. iTunes has imported the disc and will play it via my computer, but when I try to drag and drop the music into my iPod Classic, nothing happens.

I'd appreciate any input on this.

Thanks.
    Sura,

Sorry but I do not have an iPod or use iTunes so I'm not sure I can help. I normally use a file convertor to convert AudioStrobe CD's (or NP2-Pro Wave files) to MP3 files. There are lots of convertors out there, just do a bit of Googling. I find that when I do this and save them to low compression (320kb) like Craig said, and play them back on my little MP3 player this works fine.

On your earlier post you said that you still hear Sirius clicks when you playback an AudioStrobe CD via a CD player. Almost sounds to me like you are trying to play a Sirius in-built session while listening to the AS CD. You are meant to use AS cd's only by themselves using the Sirius U-1 mode (next one after the session mode). Also, I don't know anyting about the Zen Latitudes CD's you mentioned, nor have I seen them mentioned on the MindPlace WebPages.

When I play an AudioStrobe (AS) track through either my CD player or MP3 player, hooked up through my Sirius (in U-1 mode), I usually go through a pretty simple start-up procedure. I first turn the Sirius volume and brightness controls up high. I start the AS player (CP or MP3 Player) and adjust the volume via the CD or MP3 player volume control. I then turn the Sirius volume (now the AS gain control) control down until the lights on the glasses just start to dim and then turn it back up a little, until they are as bright as they were. I then adjust the Sirius brightness control to what feels comfortable (I like them pretty high/bright myself).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    TomC

Hi TomC,

Thanks so much for all the info on using the Audiostrobe CD's.

I'm absolutely hopeless with anything technical, so I'm trying to stick with iTunes as it took me ages to (partially) get to grips with it in the first place. I've now played about with various options and have finally managed to transfer Tibetan Highlands to my iPod by importing the CD in "Apple Lossless" format. I've tried it on the Sirius and the lightframes do work in U1 mode (I decided to keep the red/blue ones BTW) but the flashing doesn't seem particularly in keeping with the music. Sometime the frames flash a lot, then they stop for a while, but it doesn't seem to match the loudness or speed of the music at the time. Is this normal, do you think? Or maybe Apple Lossless just doesn't compare with mp3 320 kbs...

I posted on the Sirius forum asking if the machine could be used in Delta frequency, either in any of the preset sessions or in the Manual mode. Do you happen to know whether this is possible?

Many thanks,

Sura

Hi TomC,

Thanks so much for all the info on using the Audiostrobe CD's.

I'm absolutely hopeless with anything technical, so I'm trying to stick with iTunes as it took me ages to (partially) get to grips with it in the first place. I've now played about with various options and have finally managed to transfer Tibetan Highlands to my iPod by importing the CD in "Apple Lossless" format. I've tried it on the Sirius and the lightframes do work in U1 mode (I decided to keep the red/blue ones BTW) but the flashing doesn't seem particularly in keeping with the music. Sometime the frames flash a lot, then they stop for a while, but it doesn't seem to match the loudness or speed of the music at the time. Is this normal, do you think? Or maybe Apple Lossless just doesn't compare with mp3 320 kbs...

I posted on the Sirius forum asking if the machine could be used in Delta frequency, either in any of the preset sessions or in the Manual mode. Do you happen to know whether this is possible?

Many thanks,

Sura
    Sura,

There is not too much actual music in Tibetan Highlands, just a bit of beats and bells. The lights seem to flash in mainly a steady beat. I'm not sure but I'd guess it is something like alpha to theta. The lights usually don't start up right away but once they do they should stay on. If yours doesn't, maybe you need to turn the volume of your Sirius unit (= AS gain) up to full high. In addition, ou may need to turn the volume of your CD/MP3 player up a bit too.

Other AS CD's that have a bit more music and the light flashes seem to follow this fairly closely.

You can see and download the Sirius session frequencies at the MindPlace Sirius support WebPages;

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Sirius.htm

I think that Session 21 has the Delta frequencies you are looking for. I like this sesion myself. Also, you can use the manual mode and set any Delta freq. you want (~0.5 - 3.0 hz, I'd suggest you try 2.5hz first). I would not use the 'Expand' feature in manual mode. Just use the 'Focus' mode, which it defaults to when you startup the manual (U-2) mode anyway. The Expand feature tends to increase the effective lightframe frequency by a factor of 2.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    TomC
    Last edited by TomC; 04-15-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post

You can see and download the Sirius session frequencies at the MindPlace Sirius support WebPages;

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Sirius.htm

I think that Session 21 has the Delta frequencies you are looking for. I like this sesion myself. Also, you can use the manual mode and set any Delta freq. you want (~0.5 - 3.0 hz, I'd suggest you try 2.5hz first). I would not use the 'Expand' feature in manual mode. Just use the 'Focus' mode, which it defaults to when you startup the manual (U-2) mode anyway. The Expand feature tends to increase the effective lightframe frequency by a factor of 2.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    TomC
    TomC,

Thanks for your suggestion re. Session 21 and the link to the Sirius frequencies etc.

Re. the Expand feature, do you happen to know whether or not this comes into play during U-1 operation with Audiostrobe?

I really appreciate your help. I find it a bit odd that a forum for Mindplace product support seems to rely on consumers to guide each other, rather than offering any direct assistance.

Anyway, thanks once again for taking the time and trouble to answer my questions.

Sura

Blog Entries

I find it a bit odd that a forum for Mindplace product support seems to rely on consumers to guide each other, rather than offering any direct assistance.
    Hi Sura and welcome!

MP support is always here, via myself and other MP staff.

MP really likes the idea of a community where the knowledge is available for everyone to see and add their input. Many people have the same questions, so why not post the questions where everyone can benefit from the answers.

Also, often there's not just one "correct" answer, but different viewpoints or opinions. That's where getting answers from several people really helps.

What's really great is that there are enthusiasts here, (Like TomC) who don't mind helping out new users. It's what makes this forum work. (And thanks, TomC and all the others who have been so helpful!)

So far I haven't had anything to add to Tom's great advice, so no need to stick my nose into this thread. (until now! )

-Andy.

Thread Information