Thread: New use for Thoughtstream

Default New use for Thoughtstream

One of the features of the released-today NeuroProgrammer 3 is Bio-optimisation. It uses the Thoughtstream to monitor responses over a series of sessions, modifying the session frequencies to enhance response.

Cheers,
    Craig

Default Re: New use for Thoughtstream

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    One of the features of the released-today NeuroProgrammer 3 is Bio-optimisation. It uses the Thoughtstream to monitor responses over a series of sessions, modifying the session frequencies to enhance response.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Craig,

I just upgraded my NP2-Pro to NP3-Ultimate (used you as a referal source btw) so I just might dust off my old ThoughtStream (have not used this for ~4 years) and give this Bio-Optimisation option a go.

The only problem is that, as you probably already know, I normally save NP sessions to either Wave or MP3 and then play them back on either a CD player or MP3 player, hooked up to one of my MindPlace AVS machines (Sirius, Proteus, or Procyon). I rarely run any NP sessions through my PC.

I guess I could use one of my old laptops to do this but these are still pretty bulky, esp compared to just having a CD player or mp3 player next to you. Are there any inexpensive, small netbook or pocket PC's that you know of that might fit the bill? Thanks.

As an aside, now that you are a Transparent employee and MindPlace distributor, is there a good chance we might finally see a Procyon/NP3 RGB interface in the near future?

Best cheers,
    TomC

Default Re: New use for Thoughtstream

Hi Tom,

'tis a most strange position I find myself in, finding myself involved in the doings of the companies who are doing the things most interesting to me.

I had no difficulty running NP2 or MWS on an old IBM T21 with a 900MHz P3. Some of the "Preparing to play session" times in MWS were a little long, it got there and then played just fine (apart from possibly the worst laptop audio output quality I have ever heard). You can pick something like that up here for NZ$50 pretty easily.

As for a Procyon/NP3 interface - wildly improbable. There's some characteristics of the USB interface that make real time control of AVS devices stunningly difficult. Where this will lead everyone to look is going to be interesting. I can assure you that everyone who's most likely to make it happen is fully aware of all the things deemed desirable out there.

Most exciting for me is that, after a large chunk of a lifetime of not really appreciating the opportunities I've had, I'm getting right in amongst the most extraordinary people in an industry that's had a long gestation period and is about to take some spectacular leaps. Most astonishing to me, is I get to do it from a most obscure little corner of the globe. Most gratifying to me is that I am only a contractor to anyone - I'm under no obligation to say anything I don't believe.

Thank you, Tom, for providing an excuse to deliver the preceding acknowledgement of interest.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information