Thread: Procyon & Turbosonix? - Newbie

Question Procyon & Turbosonix? - Newbie

I just purchased a Procyon today. I also ordered 6 Audiostrobe CDs from Mindplace, as well. The others on the web site did not interest me. In searching the threads, I saw a couple people mention that Turbosonix CDs were bundled with their units. But, I didn't really see anyone talk about how well they work with the Procyon. At this point, my primary intention is to use the Procyon itself, and not tie myself to a computer. The Procyon info talks about Audiostrobe compatibility, but I see nothing about Turbo. If Turbo indeed does function well, then it would seem to open up other avenues. Someone care to comment on this?

Thanks
    Mark

Default Re: Procyon & Turbosonix? - Newbie

As far as I can tell by feeding a simple sine wave into a Turbosonix compatible mind machine, Turbosonix responds to frequencies about 8kHz to 15kHz and beyond. That means that an AS disk will probably give some sort of show on a Turbosonix device, but a Turbosonix disk may not have the high (19.2kHz) signals required to correctly trigger an AS device. The Procyon in AS digital mode can do quite a good job on Turbosonix disks with a bit of tweaking of the many user settings accessible via the console and via the editor. My impressions from the response to the sig gen signals is that Turbosonix is more along the lines of sound-to-light than AS which is intended to be used for discrete light control.

Cheers,
    Craig

3. Default Re: Procyon & Turbosonix? - Newbie

I have the cd turbosonix and it works very well, they are my favorite CD. I use this cd two years ago to start my day with the following titles: "coffee break and Rise and shine. I use the cd with the Procyon and Proteus and lighting effects are similar to AudioStrobe. For your information I know another series of mp3 which works very well and are made AudioStrobe format and are downloadable, it is the energy disc are available at http://www.zenlatitudes.com/ they are very effective too! If you tried to give me your comments

Here is a text that I copy on a site that sells the turbosonix cd: http://www.elixa.com/mental/tsonix.htm

And when you want a relaxing, refreshing break with accelerated learning, put on the Orion or Proteus glasses and headphones, sit back, and close your eyes. Before you know it, you'll be transported into a magical, timeless state with no worries or stress. It feels like a great dream where your mind floats free and easy in an enriched learning environment.
    Last edited by karmax; 03-28-2010 at 12:34 AM.

Unhappy Re: Procyon & Turbosonix? - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by karmax View Post
    I have the cd turbosonix and it works very well, they are my favorite CD. I use this cd two years ago to start my day with the following titles: "coffee break and Rise and shine. I use the cd with the Procyon and Proteus and lighting effects are similar to AudioStrobe. For your information I know another series of mp3 which works very well and are made AudioStrobe format and are downloadable, it is the energy disc are available at http://www.zenlatitudes.com/ they are very effective too! If you tried to give me your comments

Here is a text that I copy on a site that sells the turbosonix cd: http://www.elixa.com/mental/tsonix.htm

And when you want a relaxing, refreshing break with accelerated learning, put on the Orion or Proteus glasses and headphones, sit back, and close your eyes. Before you know it, you'll be transported into a magical, timeless state with no worries or stress. It feels like a great dream where your mind floats free and easy in an enriched learning environment.
    Ok.. remember, I'm a newbie.. go easy on me.. Are you saying take the Orion or Proteus glasses and add them to the Procylon? Of course, I just have the Procyon glasses. Do the other glasses add to the environment? Did you purchase additional glasses for the Procyon - or, like me, do you tend to accumulate as you try different things. Almost ordered the Nova Pro 100 with their colortrack glasses, but decided to keep the $500 in my pocket and work with you folks here to maximize the Procyon.

To that degree, I'm a little concerned to have to tweak settings on the console or in the editor. I looked at the editor last night and didn't have a clue what to do.

Back to the question at hand. Do many of you have Proteus or Orion glasses that you also use on the Procyon. What is the advantage?

You all have been a great help... and very patient. I have more questions, but will leave that for a further post.

Thanks again
    Mark

You need do nothing differently - feed whatever "encoded" CD material you like into the Procyon and see what you get. We can go over the trick stuff as needs arise. The Procyon, with it's standard glasses, meets 90% of my needs.

Looking at the site Karmax linked to it suggests that Turbosonix may be just a name and it's been tweaked to correctly trigger AS. There's patent/royalty issues associated with Audiostrobe, so there's a few tricks around.

Cheers,
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    You need do nothing differently - feed whatever "encoded" CD material you like into the Procyon and see what you get. We can go over the trick stuff as needs arise. The Procyon, with it's standard glasses, meets 90% of my needs.

Looking at the site Karmax linked to it suggests that Turbosonix may be just a name and it's been tweaked to correctly trigger AS. There's patent/royalty issues associated with Audiostrobe, so there's a few tricks around.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to go ahead and download one of their session on mp3+ and give it a try. However, they don't list the US on their checkout, so I can't complete the transaction right now. I have emailed them for more directions.

Once I find get it and test it out, I will post my thoughts here.

I'm still curious as to the use of other glasses. Photosonix offers true white and cool blue glasses on their site. Neither of these is options for the Procyon or the Proteus or Orion on this site. In reading other reviews, please seem to favor white glasses. Will the Photosonix glasses work with the Procyon adapter cable?

Thanks
    Mark

The MindPlace white glasses are excellent and can be used with the Procyon with the accessory adapter lead. MindPlace also offer amber, red, green and blue single colour glasses.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thumbs up Re: Procyon & Turbosonix? - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    The MindPlace white glasses are excellent and can be used with the Procyon with the accessory adapter lead. MindPlace also offer amber, red, green and blue single colour glasses.

Cheers,
    Craig
    I could not find them.. but went back.. and they are under Ganzframes. Thanks.. anyone here tested them on the Procyon?

Mark

BTW. Craig, I've been reading your blog.. it's one of the most helpful things I found during my search to determine what I was going to buy. Thanks from the other half of the world!!

Thank you for your kind words. Very much in line with comments in your other post, I am working on updating and improving understandings. I suspect we're in the vicinity of a turning point where much of the mumbo-jumbo will be dismissed and AVS will be accepted for what it is - a useful and effective tool for wellbeing and personal development. It seems, at the moment, that AVS hasn't quite found it's niche between "fringe" and "therapeutic" - the place where ordinary people want an ordinary appliance to do ordinary things.

I'm afraid I am, and probably always will be at the techy-geeky end of the spectrum, but I spend a lot of time working with people who just want results - I thoroughly appreciate what a strange and confusing realm it is to find your way around.

The great thing is, however, that you can just buy a Procyon, plug it in and listen to the sessions - they are all quite consistent with their naming and work just as well as far more complex sessions (and better than many commercial CDs). There is no necessity to go beyond the basics, but the option is there and the sky is the limit!

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information