Thread: Affirmation program

Default Affirmation program

I am trying to create a program specifically for use with affirmations. I was wondering if anyone has determined a target frequency that works better/best for this purpose. Also, is there a reason that the factory program frequencies jump up and down? I am of the opinion (unless you can tell me different) that if I am going to en-TRAIN my brain with my Proteus, I should be able to target a frequency and stay there for an extended period of time. For example, starting out in low to mid beta (say 15-18 Hz) and ramping down to low alpha/high theta (7-9 Hz) and then introducing pre-recorded affirmations (via an ipod) that run for 3-4 minutes, then ramping back up to (beta) conciousness. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Affirmation program

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I am trying to create a program specifically for use with affirmations. I was wondering if anyone has determined a target frequency that works better/best for this purpose. Also, is there a reason that the factory program frequencies jump up and down? I am of the opinion (unless you can tell me different) that if I am going to en-TRAIN my brain with my Proteus, I should be able to target a frequency and stay there for an extended period of time. For example, starting out in low to mid beta (say 15-18 Hz) and ramping down to low alpha/high theta (7-9 Hz) and then introducing pre-recorded affirmations (via an ipod) that run for 3-4 minutes, then ramping back up to (beta) conciousness. Any suggestions?
    Hi Bruce and welcome!

Here's another thread on the subject that may be of some help:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...t=Affirmations

-Andy.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Affirmation program

Hi Bruce,

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I am trying to create a program specifically for use with affirmations. I was wondering if anyone has determined a target frequency that works better/best for this purpose.
    Alpha Theta

Also, is there a reason that the factory program frequencies jump up and down?
    It's to prevent habituation. If you expose the brain to the same frequency, it will get use to it and soon ignore it.

I am of the opinion (unless you can tell me different) that if I am going to en-TRAIN my brain with my Proteus, I should be able to target a frequency and stay there for an extended period of time.
    The other thing to consider is that all brains respond to things differently, so while 10 Hz may be ideal for one person, 9 Hz may be ideal for another. It's difficult to determine what specific frequency is ideal for someone without the use of EEG.

Having said that, the key to BWE is to focus on achieving the desired state of mind and not a specific frequency.

The phrase "Brain Wave Entrainment" is a little misleading in that it leads one to assume that you can train your brain to match a particular frequency (or that doing so is even important). As I said above, the frequency itself isn't as important as the state of mind you achieve. In addition, all any of the machines on the market can do is point your brain in a certain direction and hope it follows. Your brain can (and usually will) get to the desired frequency range but whether it actually stays there for any length of time depends on other things.

Granted, the more you use the machine and certain programs, the more likely it is that your brain will find it's way and the effects will last longer.

For example, starting out in low to mid beta (say 15-18 Hz) and ramping down to low alpha/high theta (7-9 Hz) and then introducing pre-recorded affirmations (via an ipod) that run for 3-4 minutes, then ramping back up to (beta) conciousness. Any suggestions?
    This sounds good. Give it a try and see how it works for you. You may want to add some more theta to the middle part (4-7 hz). Theta is the best state for hypnosis/self-hypnosis and Alpha is the best state for inspiring creativity. Depending on how long your program is, you may want to interject 30 seconds or so of Beta (SMR) in the middle - this will keep you from falling into too deep a sleep. You want your brain to be relaxed and your unconscious to be in a suggestible state. Fall asleep and if you go too deep, you will miss the affirmations.

As I mentioned in the other thread (that Andy gave you a link to), make sure you keep your affirmations in positive language (state what you want) and make them believable and reasonably short.

For example: "I will quit smoking" is not a successful suggestion because in order to "quit" the u/c first has to consider all that involves smoking. Believe it or not, it would be more successful to affirm: "I can have a cigarette any time I want to but I prefer to always do something else like have a nice, cool, refreshing glass of water." Okay, that one is a bit long but the point is specific redirection.

Some affirmations are much simpler. Essentially the mind goes towards whatever you are thinking about so the affirmation can be as simple as the word "happy" repeated.

Let me know if you need a hand with any affirmations.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information