Thread: Best methods and programs for accelerated learning

1. Default Best methods and programs for accelerated learning

Hi all!

I've had a Proteus for a few months now and love it. One area I haven't explored yet is the machine's learning/study applications.

I'm sort of confused as to how you actually use it for studying. I've got a lot of reading and studying to do, and would really love to be able to absorb and retain the information faster than ever before.

What are the best settings and techniques for getting the most out of the Proteus for accelerated learning?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Best methods and programs for accelerated learning

Hi SC,

Quote Originally Posted by space_cadet View Post
    Hi all!

I've had a Proteus for a few months now and love it. One area I haven't explored yet is the machine's learning/study applications.

I'm sort of confused as to how you actually use it for studying. I've got a lot of reading and studying to do, and would really love to be able to absorb and retain the information faster than ever before.

What are the best settings and techniques for getting the most out of the Proteus for accelerated learning?
    1. Pre-study: Program 20 (this gets your brain ready for concentration)
    2. Take machine off and study for 45 minutes to 1 hour
    3. Program : 23 (15 minutes) - If you want a longer program, you can choose any of P 23 to 27. (This gives your unconscious time to process what you have just studied and code it into memory.

Repeat from #2 (Option, you can use P20 during this time - sound only). You can also use P21

In order to absorb lots of information, you also have to make sure that you have sufficient nutrition. You want to make sure that your sugar levels stay constant. Avoid stimulants such as the "energy drinks" unless they are vitamin drinks. Too much caffeine and you'll be too hyper to pay attention to your studying. Protein shakes are good. Amino acids (supplements are also helpful).

Take frequent breaks (every 45 minutes should be good). Get up, stretch - maybe do a few exercises. Then settle back down with the Proteus to process the information. Avoid doing anything else because if you get distracted before the information gets processed - you'll likely lose that information.

Use memory techniques for memorization of lists or information you just have to memorize (which is slightly different than information you need to know and use). Anagrams, rhymes and attaching the words to a picture are amongst some of the memory techniques.

Finally, make sure you get enough sleep. Program 47 (I usually use this in bed and fall asleep with it on and at some point during the night I take the machine off and put it on my night stand). Sometimes it feels like it's not working because it feels that I've gone a long way into the program and am not asleep and then the next thing I know .... I'm asleep.

I hope this helps.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Best methods and programs for accelerated learning

Thank you for your response!

I'll try those suggestions out. I had been using just the headphones while I studied, I'll have to see how your method compares.

Thread Information