Thread: Procyon Vs MindSpa

1. Default Procyon Vs MindSpa

I want to get an AVS machine and am deciding between the MindSpa and the Procyon. I'm mainly interested in sleeping better, as well as having more energy and focus during the day. I want a more scientifically backed experience, not just entertainment.

From what I've read so far the MindSpa seems to be backed my a lot of research. I don't know about the Procyon. It seems nice to have glasses that can put out a range of colors, but how does that translate to effectiveness?

My initial impression is that the Procyon is programmable and can put out some trippy light shows, but does it really create entrainment for specific outcomes?

I know you can program your own sessions, but I don't know enough about AVS to do that.

Any thoughts?

Kevin

Default Re: Procyon Vs MindSpa

Hi Kevin,

You'll probably not get too much comment about the MindSpa on the Procyon manufacturer's website.

You might find a ferret around my blog useful. The Procyon is my favourite device, but I do have a fair collection of other machines with which to compare and have written "Quick Looks" for most of them.

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon Vs MindSpa

While I don't have much to say about other AVS manufacturers (whether one likes their products or not is personal choice). Mindspa and it's creator, on the other hand, I have absolutely nothing good to say about them. I, personally, would never have anything to do with that company.

One thing to know about any claims made about AVS machines is that the principles of how they work are the same. What differs between the different products out there are features, workmanship, preset programs, price and customer service. It's kind of like cell phones - you can make a phone call from any cell phone (that's all the same) but what differs between the models are the extras. Make sense?

M.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_shiva View Post
    I want to get an AVS machine and am deciding between the MindSpa and the Procyon. I'm mainly interested in sleeping better, as well as having more energy and focus during the day. I want a more scientifically backed experience, not just entertainment.

From what I've read so far the MindSpa seems to be backed my a lot of research. I don't know about the Procyon. It seems nice to have glasses that can put out a range of colors, but how does that translate to effectiveness?

My initial impression is that the Procyon is programmable and can put out some trippy light shows, but does it really create entrainment for specific outcomes?

I know you can program your own sessions, but I don't know enough about AVS to do that.

Any thoughts?

Kevin
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

4. Default Re: Procyon Vs MindSpa

Could you be specific about your desire for better sleep? Is it that you have trouble falling asleep? The Procyon has a number of programs that make me sleepy.

YMMV, Not a medical device etc..

Thread Information