Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downloading New sessions_doing wrong

1. Default Re: Downloading New sessions_doing wrong

So, if I understand this, 2.9 does not overwrite, it will only append to the files. If there was room it would then show U15, U16 etc.? That would be ok if you have room. It would be nice to know how much room is available too.
    If that is the case, I feel better knowing that it works, I just did not know it.
    If I want to go back to 2.5, where do I see that? I will probably wait till there is a fix for 2.9
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Downloading New sessions_doing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
    So, if I understand this, 2.9 does not overwrite, it will only append to the files. If there was room it would then show U15, U16 etc.?
    That's correct.
    That would be ok if you have room. It would be nice to know how much room is available too.
    It would be nice, however the Proteus does not pass any info back to the PC so there's no way to know. Procyon can report back, but not the Proteus.

If I want to go back to 2.5, where do I see that? I will probably wait till there is a fix for 2.9
    Thanks
    If you downloaded the editor 2.5.1 from the support site, the 2.5 OS is in your \Program Files\Proteus2_5 folder. It'd be called PROTEUSCODE25.PTS I think.

Alternately, you could download OS 2.8 which might not have this bug in it. It's at http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Down...TEUSCODE28.zip

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Downloading New sessions_doing wrong

Thanks Andy, I will give 2.8 a try.

Default Re: Downloading New sessions_doing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ok, just did a test.

Seems with OS 2.9, any new sessions you upload, get added on to the end. Since it's likely you had already filled the utility bank, no more could be added and that's why you didn't see your new session.

Going back to OS 2.5, when I uploaded one session to the Utility bank, all the other sessions were cleared.

So it's a bug (feature ) in OS 2.9 that new sessions get appended instead of over-writing the old sessions, but that creates the problem you have found. I think it would be nice to be able to select whether to append or over-write.

I will let the engineer know and see if he can make that fix. In the meantime, as a workaround, if you downgrade your OS and upload one session, then the bank will be cleared and you can then go back to OS 2.9 if you like. Unfortunately, there's no way to clear the Utility bank without downgrading.

Thank you for making us aware of this feature.

-Andy.
    Andy,

Please get your engineers to fix this bug as soon as possible. OS 2.9 is a big improvement as it allows you to easily change manual frequencies in USR mode (just like changing session numbers in SES mode).

Also, might just be my imagination, but I think that the OS 2.9 AudioStrobe decoder works a little bit better as well.

In any case, it's great to see MP continuing to support the good old Proteus!

Thanks and cheers,
    TomC

Thread Information