Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading New sessions_doing wrong

Unhappy Downloading New sessions_doing wrong

Hello,
    What am I doing wrong? I downloaded the new OS 2.9 to the Proteus and it shows 2.9 when starting, but every time I try to download a new set of sessions in the utility part, it dos not show up on the Proteus. I made a new album with 16 sessions, the org 14 in order and 2 new ones added to the end. When I go to the U section it only show 14, after 14 it starts over.
    If I updated the os successfully, then why cant I get the sessions in?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Downloading New sessions_doing wrong

Hi Terry;

Perhaps there's only room for 14 of the sessions? In the Session Manager, what is the size shown in the "Size of All Files" window?

Hi Andy,
    What window are you talking about, the one in Editor that shows the total of what you are adding, or is there information on the Proteus? Also I tried just to add 6 sessions and it still showed 14 sessions on the Proteus. There were some tho on the Proteus that didn't show any time or anything in the widow on the Proteus but there was sound.
    So I don't know if that's because of only 6 sessions or what. Does it show 1-14 regardless what amount of sessions? I thought I read that it goes from 1-99 if there is space. The only thing I have is what it came with, the original 50 plus the 14.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
    Hi Andy,
    What window are you talking about, the one in Editor that shows the total of what you are adding, or is there information on the Proteus?
    Select "Session Mangr" in the Proteus Editor, then "Open (new) Album" - See page 7 of the manual.
    Also I tried just to add 6 sessions and it still showed 14 sessions on the Proteus.
    When you say "showed 14 sessions" do you mean in the editor or when you checked on the Proteus. If you check the Proteus, does the Utility bank show U01 to U14?
    There were some tho on the Proteus that didn't show any time or anything in the widow on the Proteus but there was sound.
    So I don't know if that's because of only 6 sessions or what. Does it show 1-14 regardless what amount of sessions? I thought I read that it goes from 1-99 if there is space. The only thing I have is what it came with, the original 50 plus the 14.

Thanks
    Each session takes space, and the more complex the session the more space it takes. The original Uxx sessions are Thoughtstream-enabled sessions which might fill the amount of memory available. If you have less-complex sessions that you are loading, you can load more. If they are simple enough, you can put 99 of them in there, theoretically.

Remember that the editor cannot "read" what's in the Proteus. It only overwrites what's already there. Try uploading just one session to the Utility bank and see if you end up with only U01 and no more in that bank. That will tell us whether or not your uploads are successful.

-Andy.

Hi Andy,
    I did everything you said, put just one session and it still comes up with U01-U14. I slowed down the transfer rate, still the same. The size of the 16 sessions I wanted to put on are 1447.
    I am working with a Mac with VMWare/Fusion.
    could it be the serial to usb converter? And like I said I was able to get the new update to the OS.

Hi Andy,
    Here is a little more information.
    I have the Prolific USB to Serial cabel: USB\VID_067B&PID_2303\7&32B2C524&0&1

driver ver: 2.0.2.1 driver date 7/25/05

Hope this helps some.

Blog Entries

Hi Andy,
    I did everything you said, put just one session and it still comes up with U01-U14. I slowed down the transfer rate, still the same. The size of the 16 sessions I wanted to put on are 1447.
    I am working with a Mac with VMWare/Fusion.
    could it be the serial to usb converter? And like I said I was able to get the new update to the OS.
    The problem is almost always the USB to Serial converter or it's drivers. Check the sticky thread in this forum on USB->RS-232 converters to make sure that the driver is loading properly and that the converter is being recognized and verify the port it's connecting to. Make sure you have the latest drivers too.

Can you run the Proteus in "View Real Time" mode? (i.e. run the loaded session in the editor on the Proteus) Check page 6 of the editor manual, and make sure the Proteus is in PC mode for this.

Are you putting the Proteus in dL mode before downloading the sessions? Do the numbers on the display on the Proteus flash as you are downloading?

-Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The problem is almost always the USB to Serial converter or it's drivers. Check the sticky thread in this forum on USB->RS-232 converters to make sure that the driver is loading properly and that the converter is being recognized and verify the port it's connecting to. Make sure you have the latest drivers too.

Can you run the Proteus in "View Real Time" mode? (i.e. run the loaded session in the editor on the Proteus) Check page 6 of the editor manual, and make sure the Proteus is in PC mode for this.

Are you putting the Proteus in dL mode before downloading the sessions? Do the numbers on the display on the Proteus flash as you are downloading?

-Andy.
    Hi Andy,
    The USB to Serial converter is the Prolific same as yours, I belive.
    Yes I was able to "View Real Time" mode in the session editor, even made a sample following the instructions. And yes the Proteus was in dl mode and the numbers do flash.
    The information on the Prolific says its up to date on driver and on the Prolific website the version that shows is eariler then the one I have, I think. So if I have to buy another converter what is the best one that will work?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Hi Andy,
    The USB to Serial converter is the Prolific same as yours, I belive.
    Yes I was able to "View Real Time" mode in the session editor, even made a sample following the instructions. And yes the Proteus was in dl mode and the numbers do flash.
    The information on the Prolific says its up to date on driver and on the Prolific website the version that shows is eariler then the one I have, I think. So if I have to buy another converter what is the best one that will work?
    Thanks
    I have to admit, I've never heard of this issue before.
    It does sound like your USB->RS232 adapter is fine, since you were able to update the OS AND you can run the Proteus in Real Time mode. Typically you would be getting NO communication or sporatic communication if the USB->RS232 converter were at fault.

It's simply a problem that nobody has ever reported before, that you cannot overwrite the sessions in the Uxx bank.

Hmmm....

Perhaps a bug in OS 2.9? I'm going to have to look into this further. Give me a little time to investigate.

Sorry about all this!

-Andy.

Blog Entries

Ok, just did a test.

Seems with OS 2.9, any new sessions you upload, get added on to the end. Since it's likely you had already filled the utility bank, no more could be added and that's why you didn't see your new session.

Going back to OS 2.5, when I uploaded one session to the Utility bank, all the other sessions were cleared.

So it's a bug (feature ) in OS 2.9 that new sessions get appended instead of over-writing the old sessions, but that creates the problem you have found. I think it would be nice to be able to select whether to append or over-write.

I will let the engineer know and see if he can make that fix. In the meantime, as a workaround, if you downgrade your OS and upload one session, then the bank will be cleared and you can then go back to OS 2.9 if you like. Unfortunately, there's no way to clear the Utility bank without downgrading.

Thank you for making us aware of this feature.

-Andy.

Thread Information