Thread: Cant Transfer Sessions

1. Unhappy Cant Transfer Sessions

I have followed the directions to a T. It says its transfering...the proteus flashes numbers as if its transfering...then it just shows 254 or 248 or the dl just flashes...any ideas? I have tried this on both my wifes computer and my own. windows vista 32 bit and windows 7 64bit. As a side note, it did let me update the OS last night to 2.9 so I know that the usb/serial is working. Can I downgrade OS to see if that could be a potential cause?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cant Transfer Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by one_with_shadows View Post
    I have followed the directions to a T. It says its transfering...the proteus flashes numbers as if its transfering...then it just shows 254 or 248 or the dl just flashes...any ideas? I have tried this on both my wifes computer and my own. windows vista 32 bit and windows 7 64bit. As a side note, it did let me update the OS last night to 2.9 so I know that the usb/serial is working. Can I downgrade OS to see if that could be a potential cause?
    I haven't heard of any problems with 2.9 so I don't think you need to downgrade the OS.

It definitely flashes 2.9 on the readout when you power it up? (Just checking)

Did you try reducing the transmit buffer as shown here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...?p=215#post215 ?

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Cant Transfer Sessions

Yeah, the screen flashes 2.9 when I first turn the Proteus on. I tried what was suggested and lowered the transfer rate. I have done a transfer into the user area before, I have 5 sessions in there. That was on my last computer though. :/ It is still showing that its doing the transfer, then sitting on a number. Either 248 or 254. I don't know what that means. Then I go to change to say, user bank and it flashes dl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by one_with_shadows View Post
    Yeah, the screen flashes 2.9 when I first turn the Proteus on. I tried what was suggested and lowered the transfer rate. I have done a transfer into the user area before, I have 5 sessions in there. That was on my last computer though. :/ It is still showing that its doing the transfer, then sitting on a number. Either 248 or 254. I don't know what that means. Then I go to change to say, user bank and it flashes dl.
    Almost in every case, these problems are due to the computer or USB->RS-232 adapter. As evidenced by the success you had with your previous computer, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your Proteus.

If you cannot find updated drivers for your USB->RS-232 adapter, you may have to find another one.

I'm sure the numbers you are seeing are messages showing that the data did not transfer properly.

-Andy.

5. Default Re: Cant Transfer Sessions

I found the drivers, they were proliferic...or something from the manufacturers website. (for vista/win 7 32 & 64) I can't understand how I managed to update the operating system, but then couldn't transfer new sessions. That was the only thing I was worried about. I really don't want to spend another $20+ on a new cable (in light that my wife may very well end my life while I sleep :P) I am just having trouble understanding why this cable worked perfectly for my old Vista 64bit gateway, but not on my new Windows 7 64bit or my wifes Vista 32bit. It is flashing 2.9 now...and still works, so I'm hoping it did install the OS properly). I was hoping someone else had perhaps had this problem before. Blah, I should have broke down and got the pyrocon with the usb lol.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble.

Maybe try flashing back to OS 2.8 and see if the problem goes away.
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/down...TEUSCODE28.zip

Like I say, I've not heard of any bugs with 2.9 but that doesn't mean that there aren't any!

The sessions you are uploading definitely are good?

Have you maybe filled the memory of the Proteus? If your sessions are long and complex they could fill the Proteus. Maybe try uploading just one session to the Utility bank without the other 5 to see.

Not too sure what else to suggest, but it simply may be that you need a different USB->RS232 adapter or a different OS.

-Andy.

7. Default Re: Cant Transfer Sessions

I actually was running the OS that came with the proteus haha. I had never updated it before. Right now I am contemplating buying a rs-232 pci-e card to completely skip the hassle of having to find an adapter that works. I dunno yet though. I really want those new sessions, just don't know if they are worth the $17.50 :/ We had an old computer we got from my wifes co-worker (we're talking ME window) so maybe that has a serial port on that, have to get it back from the one girl that has it sitting in a closet.

I only have the 5 sessions in the user bank. I already tried putting just one, because I know it is supposed to delete automatically. All the sessions im trying to upload are from mind modulations user created section. Ah well, I tried different usb ports as well, to no avail. blast technology for abandoning the serial port! lol. I can possibly go hit up radio shack monday to look for a new cable that may work (if it doesn't, i can return it)

My worst fear though, is that it didn't completely update the OS and that perhaps something went wrong. It did that part no problem..but now this. dancing banana

Thread Information