Thread: Can your biofeedback machine(s) be upgraded to perform mind/thought tasks?

Default Can your biofeedback machine(s) be upgraded to perform mind/thought tasks?

Rajesh Rao, associate professor of computer science and engineering, and his students have demonstrated that an individual can "order" a robot to move to specific locations and pick up specific objects merely by generating the proper brain waves that reflect the individual's instructions. The results were presented last week at the Current Trends in Brain-Computer Interfacing meeting in Whistler, B.C.

"This is really a proof-of-concept demonstration," Rao says.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1215122519.htm

Can your biofeedback machine(s) be upgraded to perform mind/thought tasks?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Can your biofeedback machine(s) be upgraded to perform mind/thought tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Not at the present time. Perhaps in the future.

M.

Default Re: Can your biofeedback machine(s) be upgraded to perform mind/thought tasks?

Most of these sorts of approaches use EEG or even more sophisticated compute-driven laboratory systems running wavelet or component analysis or evoked potential programs. We will release a high quality, low cost EEG in the coming year, which will be a step in the right direction.

The ThoughtStream uses galvanic skin response (GSR) biofeedback, which is not capable of analyzing brainwave information.

Robert

4. Default Re: Can your biofeedback machine(s) be upgraded to perform mind/thought tasks?

do you need any testers?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by me0w View Post
    do you need any testers?
    At the moment there are no products in the testing phase. We'll keep you in mind though.

M.

6. Default Re: Can your biofeedback machine(s) be upgraded to perform mind/thought tasks?

Where does this stand now? I've been looking for an inexpensive EEG to monitor my mind while "under the influence" of an AVS system. (I've also had some ideas as far as new software which have been hindered due to the lack of available hardware.)

Greetings--

We think an inexpensive EEG would be welcomed by the market, and I'm surprised that there are not yet any good quality units available in the $500 range. We are paying attention to this fact...

;-)

Robert

8. Default Re: Can your biofeedback machine(s) be upgraded to perform mind/thought tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Interesting article Dave,

Makes me wonder if there is something else going on in the brain here to achieve this result. In hypnosis, many practitioners claim that intent is the key for hypnosis to work, and others go further to claim that maybe the thalamus part of the brain is actually actioning the intent based on in-built 'telepathic-like' communications between humans (a long-lost ability from our early evolution). And maybe 'intent' and thalamus (or other part of brain?) is responsible for the bio-feedback style brain tuning that is happening with the robot control experiment? Brain-waves just the end result.

Just a thought. But if intent is the key, then standard bio-feedback machines unmodified could help in the training of mind/thought tasks. Together with the Mindplace EEG machine that comes later, you can take your learnings another major step forward.

And don't forget that most mind tasks are actually magic illusions, so learn a few of those tricks too and you are all set.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Thread Information