Thread: Garlic - Help or Hinderance?

1. Default Garlic - Help or Hinderance?

I've just read some info that alludes Garlic may have a detrimental effect on our brainwaves.

Now I take Kyolic garlic supplements to boost my immune system - but I might well give it up as a trial for a while to see if I notice much difference in my L&S sessions.

Not sure if anyone has heard about this before, but I found it interesting and thought I would share - but make your own mind up whether this is the case by researching, discussing and debating.

Has anyone with any EEG information got the capacity to undertake an experiment which might help?

http://www.relfe.com/health_benefits_of_garlic.html
    Last edited by craighome; 12-31-2009 at 06:10 AM.

Default Re: Garlic - Help or Hinderance?

Great, thanks. I really needed to hear that another of my favourite foods is probably killing me, or at least making me stupid.

Seriously - I had a look at the link and did a couple of Googles about garlic toxicity. Like most things, it would seem, garlic has toxins in its makeup. The level of toxicity, particularly taking into account the amount of petfood that contains garlic as a supplement and the supposed higher vulnerability of dogs and cats to garlic toxicity, would obviously require ludicrous amounts of garlic to be a problem.

Apparently there are people out there who are sensitive to anything you can name, and they often gather in clusters on the internet, conveying the illusion of a far greater problem than will be found in the wild.

At this point I will be making no changes to my garlic intake.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information