Thread: Hello! Intro, questions, and goals

1. Default Hello! Intro, questions, and goals

Hi all,

I just got my Proteus and have taken it on its maiden voyage last night. Interesting stuff, and I'm looking forward to seeing where I can go with it.

First, a quick question/clarification about the manual:

On page 11, it says, "If the left decimal point IS NOT flashing, then the Proteus is in the default, "bicolour" mode.

On the table on page 14, it says "If the left decimal is flashing Proteus is in bicolour mode."

Soooo.... which is it? I assume the latter (p. 14) is correct, because it's the default behaviour and it's what I noticed on mine when I first ran it.

...ok now for the more interesting stuff.

My eventual goal is not just to entrain various states using this neat and versatile device, but to be able to create those (and other) states on a whim, any time I want. When it's time to go to bed, I should be out like a light. When it's time to wake up, instead of having trouble getting up because I enjoy the warm blanket so much, I should just be able to go "whiirrr" in my head and feel so energized and ready that I just bounce right out. When it's time to exercise, I should be able make myself feel like there's nothing I desire more than to exercise. I shouldn't need "will power" to "force myself" to do anything if I can just adjust my will that way. Make sense?

If we can learn to reach over and grab a cup, and to walk, then we should just as well be able to learn to create a shot of adrenaline or feel completely elated, from scratch.

I figure, if I get into these various states with the machine and really pay attention to what it's like to be in those states, I should be able to learn to get into those states just as quickly (and even more quickly) on my own, eventually in fractions of a second.

So yeah, any tips? Has anyone here achieved this kind of stuff? How did you do it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello! Intro, questions, and goals

Hello and Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Replicon View Post
    First, a quick question/clarification about the manual:

On page 11, it says, "If the left decimal point IS NOT flashing, then the Proteus is in the default, "bicolour" mode.

On the table on page 14, it says "If the left decimal is flashing Proteus is in bicolour mode."

Soooo.... which is it? I assume the latter (p. 14) is correct, because it's the default behaviour and it's what I noticed on mine when I first ran it.
    It's been so long, I forget!

Here's a thread regarding this that should answer the question:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...?p=132#post132

-Andy.

Default Re: Hello! Intro, questions, and goals

Hi Replicon, and welcome!

My mission is to find out what my brain can do, and to learn how to use it effectively. My method thus far has been to pick up as much as I can about the arts/sciences of brain and mind, to try a wide variety of sessions from a wide variety of sources and to then isolate and enhance the things that elicit favourable responses.

A most important realisation through this process is that there is a huge variation in what brains like and what they'll respond to. I've been trying to find people with brains that behave kind-of-like mine, but they seem to be relatively scarce. There's plenty that works for almost everyone, but the fun really starts when you start working with the specifics of your brain, and the experiences it has had. If there's any loose ends from the past, AVS will provide a great opportunity to wrap them up.

I haven't found anything hazardous about AVS use (and believe me, I have thrashed it!!!) so feel free to explore freely (if it doesn't feel good, stop doing it and try to work out why before trying again - most adverse experiences can be traced to an another influence - tiredness, illness, hunger, thirst, mood, mundane issues, etc.), and most of all, have fun!

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information