Thread: Open eye ganzframes

1. Default Open eye ganzframes

I noticed recently the Mindspa has some open eye glasses and for an experiment today I placed my procyon ganzframes lower down on my nose with a small diffuser which allowed me to see ahead but left the led's providing visible eye coverage and remained comfortable (also used headphones)

I believe the program I used in this case (Learning) is more powerful with eyes closed and the led placement with the usual correct placement over the eyes but it certainly brought a new dimension using it today with eyes open and I felt it was effective.

Before anyone else experiments in this way, I wonder if anyone else has tried this before with any success - and would appreciate if admins on the forum can suggest any problems or reasons why people shouldn't try this out for learning and concentration sessions?

Many thanks

Craig
    Last edited by craighome; 12-22-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Default Re: Open eye ganzframes

Hi Craig,

Good to see you having fun with your toys!

There have been a few discussions about open-eye/ganzfeld/Procyon adaptation - here's a link to a post on my blog on the subject.

Have a look at the design of the open-eye glasses on the Transparent site, and the Laxman goggle at Neurotronics (the Laxman goggles work well with the Rev1 and Rev2 Procyon (but not Rev3), and the Transparent 12-LEDs work with well with the Sirius or Proteus, but require the adapter cable for the Procyon).

My opinion on open- vs closed-eye is that closed-eye is consistently more compelling (entrainment more likely) but that open-eye with suitably designed sessions is an awesome experience, worthy in its own right, and can also be effective for entrainment. Open-eye true entrainment below 10Hz is wildly improbable, but the visuals can be conducive to relaxation and/or sleep - which results in the alpha/theta/delta brain rhythms you're after anyway.

Re your colour organ post - this is something being given a lot of thought - feel free to be very specific about what you think such a feature should be capable of.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Last edited by Andy; 03-04-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Updated info

Thread Information