Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

1. Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ok, so at the end, you can see that when you plug in the Procyon, there's an error shown in Device Manager. The driver does not recognize the Procyon.

Here is a little video showing how to "force" the driver to see the Procyon.
    The context menus are all from right-clicking the menu items, like the 1st one, right-clicking on "Computer" and left-clicking "Manage".

This will be easy for experienced computer users. We will work on making the install easier in the future.

Click on this link to watch the little video.
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...stall.swf.html

(Firefox users try this link: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...%20Install.swf)

(You will need Adobe flash installed on your computer to watch this video. Get a copy here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/)

Here are the steps, but the video is easier to follow:
    1. Click on the windows icon to bring up the Start Menu
    2. Right-Click on Computer
    3. Click on Manage
    4. Click on Device Manager
    5. Right-Click on Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COMx)
    6. Click on Update Driver Software...
    7. Click on Browse my computer for driver software on the "Update Driver Software" Window
    8. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer on the next Window
    9. Click on Have Disk... on the "Select the device driver..." Window
    10. Click on Browse... on the "Install from Disk" Window
    11. Browse to Program Files (x86)\Silabs\MCU\CP210x (or wherever the drivers were installed) on the "Locate File" Window
    12. Click on slabvcp.inf
    13. Click Ok
    14. Click Ok on the "Install from Disk" Window
    15. Click Next on the "Select the device driver..." Window
    16. Click Yes at "Update Driver Warning" message
    17. Click Close when driver update completed.

At that point the yellow exclamation mark should be gone.

-Andy.
    Hi
    Tried everything on video to get editor working. I have Rev 2 console and Win 7 64bit. The driver I downloaded gives me a message that 'The Driver is not digitally signed' but if try to update it says it is the latest version (But not digitally signed). The driver is 'USB bridge for Mindplace Procyon'

The port is COM7. COM1, and 2 are available but 3-6 are in use. In the Procyon editor, only COM 3 and CM 4 are available for setting.

I have tried the CP210x VCP Windows and you Procyon Editor OS 2_3_00 zip files.

Do you have any more ideas please?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

You're absolutely certain you have a Rev2 console? What OS version is shown on the LED display when you power it on? Does it have the rectangular ganzframe connector?

If so, when you follow steps 1-17 from the list above, does the yellow exclamation point (!) go away from before the "USB bridge for MindPlace Procyon (COM7)" line in Device Manager?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    You're absolutely certain you have a Rev2 console? What OS version is shown on the LED display when you power it on? Does it have the rectangular ganzframe connector?

If so, when you follow steps 1-17 from the list above, does the yellow exclamation point (!) go away from before the "USB bridge for MindPlace Procyon (COM7)" line in Device Manager?
    Hi Andy

Thanks for fast reply.

Had another go and it's working! Problem seemed to be around the choice in the 'Have Disk' menu - I had about 7 choices, each with a warning. Tried the first one and All OK!

Thanks for your help on this.

On another matter entirely, I managed to break the glasses frame and discovered that you now no longer sell the 'USB' type. Is there any way to make the later glasses work on the older console? The UK dealer can only offer me a new console and glasses which is an expensive way to go. Is there an adaptor or a bit if wiring I can do so I can just buy the new (later) glasses? The present ones work but are uncomfortable with the wad of sellotape!

Thanks

Chris

Blog Entries

You're most welcome. Glad you got it working!

Since your follow-up question is not related to the driver issue, I've started a new thread to answer your question.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

Hi,

I have acquired a second hand Procyon (rev 2, version 2.1.0).
    I tried to install the drivers but it fails on all my computers (3 tested with Windows 7 64, windows 8 64 and windows 10 64). I reviewed the different topics in the forum and also the video on You tube but nothing works, I am not able to remove the exclamation mark on the driver.

I would like to be able to update the software, and more important to convert and transfer to it the sessions I like in the Proteus that I also have.

As far as possible, I would need a solution for my computer Lenovo T460S running Windows 10 Pro

Thank you!
    Jrme
    Last edited by jbardeau; 06-15-2021 at 10:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Hey Jerome;

Here is the list of steps from this thread; it looks like the video is gone now:
    1. Click on the windows icon to bring up the Start Menu
    2. Right-Click on Computer
    3. Click on Manage
    4. Click on Device Manager
    5. Right-Click on Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COMx)
    6. Click on Update Driver Software...
    7. Click on Browse my computer for driver software on the "Update Driver Software" Window
    8. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer on the next Window
    9. Click on Have Disk... on the "Select the device driver..." Window
    10. Click on Browse... on the "Install from Disk" Window
    11. Browse to Program Files (x86)\Silabs\MCU\CP210x (or wherever the drivers were installed) on the "Locate File" Window
    12. Click on slabvcp.inf
    13. Click Ok
    14. Click Ok on the "Install from Disk" Window
    15. Click Next on the "Select the device driver..." Window
    16. Click Yes at "Update Driver Warning" message
    17. Click Close when driver update completed.

If this doesn't work, let me know if you get any unexpected errors or messages and on which step(s)
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

Hi,

Thanks for the kind and detailed reply.
    I tried that procedure many time but without success

Please find attached images
    Capture01.PNGCapture02.PNG
    Last edited by jbardeau; 06-17-2021 at 04:52 AM.

Blog Entries

You did steps 1-17 exactly as I listed them?
    It's Win7 x64 you're running?
    -Andy.

9. Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

Hi,

Another try gave me the following error

Capture03.PNG

10. Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

Hi,

I will clean up again and remove those drivers, please help me to fix that installation problem

Thanks
    Jrme

Thread Information