Thread: Procyon software

1. Default Procyon software

I am a new user and I curious to know if any of the software for the Procyon is available for use on the Mac OSX system?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon software

Hello Nigel and Welcome!

The software is written for Windows only. However, several people have been successful through running Windows on their Mac.
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...&highlight=mac

-Andy

3. Default Re: Procyon software

Andy

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I already run windows on my Mac through Boot Camp as I have found it is more stable than the VM programs. However it is not the same as being able to run software through the natural platform the switching back and forward is a pain.

With the increase in the number of Mac"s out there, as people try to aviod the continuos Windows issues, I was curious to know if there was any software available or on the way.

Thanks for the response.

I hope you enjoy the impending holidays session.

Nigel

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon software

Hi Nigel;

I'm afraid we're all old die-hard Windows folks here. Maybe one day they'll be a way to convert the Windows software to Mac, or perhaps someday a Mac programmer will join our team...

If it's any consolation, I have many ESSENTIAL software programs that simply do not have Mac versions. Interestingly, they mostly seem to have to do with controlling hardware in some way. Others who need to use these tools have had great luck with VMWare, and enjoy it because they don't need to leave the Mac environment. They can drag/drop files and stuff like that.

Have a great Holiday!

-Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Crossley View Post
    Andy

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I already run windows on my Mac through Boot Camp as I have found it is more stable than the VM programs. However it is not the same as being able to run software through the natural platform the switching back and forward is a pain.

With the increase in the number of Mac"s out there, as people try to aviod the continuos Windows issues, I was curious to know if there was any software available or on the way.

Thanks for the response.

I hope you enjoy the impending holidays session.

Nigel

5. Default Re: Procyon software, Audio Strobe

Thanks for the info Andy.

I may have to revisit the VM software as I tried it some time ago and it was a bit ordinary.

Can I ask you another question.

The supplier of the device in Australia told me that I would be able to run Audio Strobe MP3's through the auxilary jack and the device would pick up the light ques from the music. I have tried this several times and have now read the manual untll my eyes hurt but so far, no success.

Am I doing something wrong or have I been miss informed?

Thanks

Nigel

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon software, Audio Strobe

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Crossley View Post
    The supplier of the device in Australia told me that I would be able to run Audio Strobe MP3's through the auxilary jack and the device would pick up the light ques from the music. I have tried this several times and have now read the manual untll my eyes hurt but so far, no success.

Am I doing something wrong or have I been miss informed?

Thanks

Nigel
    Hey Nigel;

Audiostrobe can be finicky, but it most certainly does work with the Procyon. There's plenty of discussion regarding AudioStrobe on the forum, but I'll give you a couple of suggestions to save you some time.

With the Procyon, the default sensitivity can be a little low, so you'll need to turn up the volume on your CD player driving the Procyon. OH - make sure the Procyon is in AS mode first.

If you can get the editor installed and working, there is a sensitivity adjustment for the digital AS mode (the default mode).
    If your Procyon has the latest OS (2.1.4 flashes on the display when you power it up), there's also an Analogue AS mode which allows the sensitivity to be adjusted via the volume control on the Procyon.
    If you don't have the latest OS, then you will need to get the editor up and running to update your Procyon.

Other things that can affect AS working - if they have been compressed to MP3 improperly - AS needs the 19.2khz frequency to control the lights, many encoders will roll off frequencies near the top and erase the AS signal.
    Some CD players have an anti-skip circuit that can mess with the reproduction of AS discs.

More info on the Analogue AS mode:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=544
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=550

First try turning up the volume on the CD player. If that doesn't work then try another CD player.

Write back and let me know how you get on.

-Andy.

Thread Information