• Designing Sleep programs - Information to know

Many people would like to use their AVS machines to help them sleep better. For those of you who want to design your own programs, the following is some relevant information to consider when designing a sleep program. The length of the program should be 90 minutes as this mimics the average sleep cycle. I think the most useful program would be that which mimics the natural first cycle of sleep. Sleep cycles do change throughout the night but it doesn't make sense to program for one of those cycles since your brain will go through the first cycle anyway and if that works well, you won't be awake to use the machine in subsequent cycles. 1st Cycle of Sleep is only a few minutes long. You can program a series of segments that begin to ramp down from Beta (15 Hz) to Low Alpha (8 Hz). You could do, let's say, a segment that goes from 15 Hz to 12 Hz. (1 or 2 minutes), the next from 11 to 8 Hz. (1 minutes). The first cycle is a short cycle. 2nd Cycle of sleep goes from 5 to 15 minutes and should be in the range of 6 to 9 Hz, with the occasional burst of 8 - 14 Hz. If you break this segment up into a few segments you can interject the Alpha/SMR segments at a few intervals. 3rd Cycle is 20 to 40 minutes and the range of frequencies are Theta/Delta. 7 Hz to 3 Hz. 4th Cycle is 20 to 40 minutes and is in the Delta range of 2 - 1 Hz. What happens then, and it's optional whether or not you want to add it to your program, is that the Stage 4 lightens up to Stage 2 for 10-15 minutes and then goes into a brief period of REM (Low Beta) and then it goes back down. Each REM (dreaming) cycle is followed by at least 30 minutes of non REM sleep. The EEG on a brain during an REM cycle looks similar to an awake brain, though I don't recommend your program going into too high of a Beta for more than a few seconds because you don't want to wake up. The easiest method would be to modify one of the Night Voyage Programs on the Procyon. I will post more information on this subject as I come across it. Reading many books and making notes. To anyone who does this, please share your program and results! M.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Designing Sleep programs - Information to know started by Marisa

View original post

• Most Active Discussions

Thalassa

Psychedelic Journey Theta Delta

Thread Starter: Thalassa

Psychedelic Journey Theta Delta Go on a journey between the worlds of wake and sleep and let this session carry you on clouds of sound and color to...

Last Post By: johnw3 Yesterday, 11:03 AM Go to last post
    BillO

Procyon and ADHD

Thread Starter: BillO

Hi I am interested in purchasing a Procyon for myself but also started to think of it in terms of my son who is 13. He's a bit ADHD and I was...

Last Post By: Andy 03-15-2024, 07:22 AM Go to last post
    AVSteven

Procyon for sale

Thread Starter: AVSteven

Hi. I have a perfect working order Procyon for sale if anyone is interested? I am looking to upgrade to one of the latest devices. I hope it is ok to...

Last Post By: Andy Today, 05:15 AM Go to last post