• What do you see and why do you use your machine?

I thought I'd go for two questions for this thread. The first is why do you use your mind machine? What drove you to it? My second question is what do you see? Lets hear a little about some of your experiences
    To answer my own questions I first saw an advert for mind machines when I was about eighteen. That`s not far off twenty years ago! I thought ' now that sounds very cool. I never did buy one though.
    Years later and I'm now a chronic pain sufferer. I damaged my spine, had to have major surgery to fix it and now I'm in broken bone type pain every day. I take a whole lot of morphine which helps but at first I was on the lookout for anything that might prove even a little distracting when I'm in a real state. One of the things I came up with was "that mind machine thing I saw in the paper once" I remember thinking that it must give you really crazy dreams because I've had some corkers when the sun has shone through a tree or something and flashed light over my sleeping face. So I decided to get one. I wasn't disappointed at all. It has proved very useful in providing a distraction and meditation aid and helping me to in effect leave my pain, my body behind and be somewhere else for a period of time. That and it's dead cool of course lol!
    To answer my second question to you guys and girls...
    I routinely see geometric shapes. Strange shapes too actually. Last week I saw a multitude of shapes that were like a lollypop stick type shape with a star on one end. There were hundreds and hundreds of them fanning out and overlapping each other. I see rotational movement a lot. Sometimes I can see near perfect images of people too. As good as in a dream. Another interesting effect I get is the impression of space. What I mean by that is the idea that I can "see" an empty room. I can feel where I am in this room and although I can't see any detail at all, my body, my senses, are convinced that this colourful and kalidoscopic light show is actually taking place inside a room like a strobe light in a small room. That's quite a sought after effect for me that, I really like it and I find it very interesting.
    I'm very interested in expanding my program collection with my Proteus. I'm waiting for a serial cable and adaptor to turn up and then I'll be looking at downloading some interesting new programs I've had only what it came with for quite a long time so I`m very excited at the prospect of new programs! I want to see what it can do! I'm very interested in hearing about some of your experiences and especially any suggestions you may have for me based on what you've just read.....
    This article was originally published in forum thread: What do you see and why do you use your machine? started by Feebo

View original post

• Most Active Discussions

Cymatic

Cymatic software for AS/SS Creation

Thread Starter: Cymatic

I've created and shared an initial version of two VST plug-ins that are geared towards making SpectraStrobe audio content. I've added a VST section...

Last Post By: yentzee 02-20-2024, 06:09 AM Go to last post
    AquarianDerek

controlling external LED arrays with Procyon

Thread Starter: AquarianDerek

Hello Everyone, I am interested in controlling an external LED array with my procyon avs. Are there any on the market that you might suggest? ...

Last Post By: Andy 02-19-2024, 05:52 AM Go to last post
    BillO

Procyon and ADHD

Thread Starter: BillO

Hi I am interested in purchasing a Procyon for myself but also started to think of it in terms of my son who is 13. He's a bit ADHD and I was...

Last Post By: Andy 03-15-2024, 07:22 AM Go to last post