View RSS Feed

AVS

AVS Topics

1. Free AudioStrobe Tracks for Your Enjoyment

Hello all!
    It's time to break out of the laboratory and release some of the last few months work out into the wild!

We have created a MindPlace SoundCloud account and will periodically be adding content for you. Currently, I have programmed 4 tracks using a new and advanced form of AudioStrobe encoding that I have been perfecting. We are calling this process SpectraSync. The end results provide light shows far beyond anything that has come before. The leds are being controlled ...
    Tags: audiostrobe
    Categories
    AVS , Light and Sound
  2. Len Ochs on EEG-driven light and sound

I've uploaded a new batch of videos to our Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/user/TheMindplace) - this time, the Neurotechnology Forum lecture by Dr. Len Ochs. Len is a highly regarded biofeedback pioneer, and in this lecture he discusses (among other things) an EEG-driven light and sound system that he was using in his clinical practice. This is similar to the equipment used by Dr. Harold Russell in clinical studies involving the treatment of ADHD, which were funded by the US Department of Education. ...
  3. Battle of the Colors

Some of us remember the light shows pioneered back in the late 50s, that were especially popular additions to rock shows in the latter 60s. Though a number of techniques were used, from film strips to strobes, the most popular was perhaps the 'wet show', in which drops of colored water were added to dishes of oil (or vice-versa), and manipulated in various ways. The results were projected onto a screen, and no doubt contributed to the altered states of consciousness experienced by many concert-goers ...

Updated 08-08-2011 at 11:51 AM by Robert Austin

Categories
    Altered States , AVS , Light and Sound , The Brain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  4. Entrainment Ecosystems

I live in a wooded area near a lake and with wide open spaces compared to most suburbanites.

To give you an idea of my surroundings, last evening I went outside to sit in my favorite nighttime spot on the deck and as I was getting ready to slip down into my rickety wicker chair the security light clicked on and tucked behind the woven legs was a 3 foot garter snake nearly camouflaged in the darkened wood. No doubt he was looking for a place to dry off after all the storms we have been ...
  5. AVS and Sleep

I have used the Procyon (and Proteus) for many years (off and on) to help me get to sleep. While I don't use the machine every day, I learned the hard way that if I don't keep it in my room, where I can access it easily, I will find myself awake and thinking about using it but don't want to get out of bed to go find it.

I have a sleep disorder (Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and so falling asleep and staying asleep is a challenge. I do take a sleeping pill and even with ...

Updated 05-27-2011 at 11:03 AM by Marisa (had to add category)

Categories
    AVS , Light and Sound
  6. Visualizing Procyon Settings

In my quest to master programming on the Procyon I have found it necessary to create tools to assist in intelligent design. To this end I have been developing a spreadsheet that graphs the waveforms that are created by the various options available in the Editor. This is a preview release for the purpose of trial and feedback.

At this time, it only visualizes the Sine waveform. Triangle is very close to this. Square is in development but the Duty Cycle is proving to be a challenge. ...

Updated 05-25-2011 at 08:07 AM by neuroasis

Categories
    AVS , Light and Sound , Technology
  7. Home Base

As a further step in introductory material I have uploaded a few pictures of my current home studio.

Detail pictures are available in an album on my profile. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru....php?albumid=1

These should give everyone an idea of the tools I am working with and may discuss at some point or another. Feel free to inquire about any of ...
    Categories
    Human Interest , AVS , Technology
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123