View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Announcing the Kasina mind media system!

Our latest light and sound system has finally entered production! Nearly three years in the making, the Kasina features a built in MP3 player, color LCD display, rechargeable lithium battery, a micro SD card slot and an 8 GB memory card. The GanzFrames are a new design, featuring three blue, two green and one red LED per eye, for a richer, more intense visual experience.

The audio files are encoded with a proprietary new technology called SpectraStrobe?, which enables independent ...
  2. Procyon Ganzframe output splitter... found!

We've had trouble locating true 4 conductor splitter cables for the Procyon, most such cables take the 4 conductor plug and split into two 3 conductor jacks, as with microphone+headphone outputs from Apple products. But I found someone in Korea who makes these and sells them on eBay, so I ordered one... works like a charm, and is well made. He's charging $9.95 plus $2.50 shipping; mine arrived in about ten days. His user name is acc3658, and he calls it '3.5mm 4 conductor 4 pole 3 ring Male-Female ...
    Tags: procyon
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Neuromedics Technology research

In years past, we collaborated with Dr. Harold Russell and others to develop an EEG driven light and sound system, which was used to treat ADHD in several studies, with some success. We weren't able to raise the several million dollars needed for FDA approval so the project stopped (and we don't claim any medical benefits for our products without such approval, of course). But the studies are still interesting, and worth a look:
    http://www.neuromedicstechnology.com/Research.htm
    Tags: adhd, research
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Using external audio with your ThoughtStream USB system

It can sometimes be helpful to listen to both the ThoughtStream's internal audio and other audio content, such as relaxing nature sounds, guided meditations, and the like. Though the ThoughtStream does not have an audio input jack, it turns out that the solution is a simple one. All you need is a stereo audio splitter (1/8" plug to 2 1/8" stereo jacks) and an audio patch cord, such as the one included with Proteus and Procyon. Just plug the splitter into the ThoughtStream audio output, ...
  5. Procyon Diet and Exercise

One of our regular Forum users - SteveMod, wrote a post where he talked about how he used the Procyon for weight loss. Below is his response to what programs he used and how he did this. I'm so pleased that he shared this information with all of us. Thank you Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMod View Post
    Thanks Andy, thanks Marisa.

The programs I used varied but the ones that worked best for my needs were :

I relied heavily on the Peak Performance programs. 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    The Mind Sauna
  6. MindPlace has a Facebook page!!

Check out MindPlace's new facebook page!

Lots of good info including a bit of the history of MindPlace in pictures of their first products.
    Go there and give it a "Like"!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Forum Software updated - New Editor and Facebook functions!

I recently updated the forum software, which has a couple of new features.

First, the Editor is completely new. It is designed to be more WYSIWYG and to work better across more browsers. It also adds an "auto save" function whereby it will periodically save what you've been typing. Have you ever been typing a long post only to have your browser crash, or you accidentally press the wrong key and wipe out your message? Now whatever you type can be restored when you go back to ...
    Categories
    MindPlace Support
  8. Procyon Review Videos

9. New content on SoundCloud: Craig Tice

Craig Tice (CraigT) has given us permission to share some of his AudioStrobe-encoded audio tracks, which you can find at www.soundcloud.com/mindplace. He's taken a different approach to AS encoding than Scott Hendrickson: Scott wrote his own audio software plug-ins for this purpose, while Craig uses Mind Workstation (and these tracks are great illustrations of how you could use MWS to create your own content). Craig uses modulated noise to make the AS tracks, lending them a somewhat 'fizzy' or ...
  10. Synchromuse Session for Sleep Induction

Hello all,
    In response to a request from Ryan I have created a 60 minute sleep induction session using MindWorkstation Enterprise from Transparent Corp. I have added a Synchromuse program as well for Procyon users. For Sirius or Proteus there is a standard AudioStrobe track in the audio. The file is 103Mb because it is a 60 min high bitrate mp3. There is a zip archive that contains the audio and the Procyon session files. Load the session file to your Procyon and put it into dL2 or dAS mode ...

Updated 01-19-2015 at 11:28 AM by neuroasis (Addded Soundccloud file and session archive)

Categories
    Light and Sound , AVS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast