View RSS Feed

Light and Sound

1. Extreme AVS Machine Chain - Etz Chaim

Before there was a MindPlace Kasina seekers of extreme AVS experiences or those who wished to combine multiple control sources together, might have to resort to a little creativity. The amazing thing about the Kasina is that it combines many of these functions into one machine ? compact simple and beautiful! But if you don?t mind creating a little cable salad and you have the full line of MindPlace machines available to you, then you will find vast new inner vistas await. The DIY blog posts of Craig ...

Updated 01-19-2014 at 07:53 PM by neuroasis

Categories
    BioFeedback , AVS , Light and Sound , Technology
  2. Procyon Review Videos

3. New content on SoundCloud: Craig Tice

Craig Tice (CraigT) has given us permission to share some of his AudioStrobe-encoded audio tracks, which you can find at www.soundcloud.com/mindplace. He's taken a different approach to AS encoding than Scott Hendrickson: Scott wrote his own audio software plug-ins for this purpose, while Craig uses Mind Workstation (and these tracks are great illustrations of how you could use MWS to create your own content). Craig uses modulated noise to make the AS tracks, lending them a somewhat 'fizzy' or ...
  4. Synchromuse Session for Sleep Induction

Hello all,
    In response to a request from Ryan I have created a 60 minute sleep induction session using MindWorkstation Enterprise from Transparent Corp. I have added a Synchromuse program as well for Procyon users. For Sirius or Proteus there is a standard AudioStrobe track in the audio. The file is 103Mb because it is a 60 min high bitrate mp3. There is a zip archive that contains the audio and the Procyon session files. Load the session file to your Procyon and put it into dL2 or dAS mode ...

Updated 01-19-2015 at 11:28 AM by neuroasis (Addded Soundccloud file and session archive)

Categories
    AVS , Light and Sound
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  5. New video on YouTube: Introduction to the Procyon Editor

Scott Hendrickson (Neuroasis) has just released another of his fine new series of MindPlace tutorials on our YouTube channel. This time around, it's an introduction to the Procyon Editor software, and he walks you through the process of creating your own Procyon sessions, including how to use the powerful 'looping' feature. Highly recommended?this is a 'must see' video if you are interested in making your own sessions. Thanks, Scott!
  6. Free AudioStrobe Tracks for Your Enjoyment

Hello all!
    It's time to break out of the laboratory and release some of the last few months work out into the wild!

We have created a MindPlace SoundCloud account and will periodically be adding content for you. Currently, I have programmed 4 tracks using a new and advanced form of AudioStrobe encoding that I have been perfecting. We are calling this process SpectraSync. The end results provide light shows far beyond anything that has come before. The leds are being controlled ...
    Tags: audiostrobe
    Categories
    Light and Sound , AVS
  7. Len Ochs on EEG-driven light and sound

I've uploaded a new batch of videos to our Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/user/TheMindplace) - this time, the Neurotechnology Forum lecture by Dr. Len Ochs. Len is a highly regarded biofeedback pioneer, and in this lecture he discusses (among other things) an EEG-driven light and sound system that he was using in his clinical practice. This is similar to the equipment used by Dr. Harold Russell in clinical studies involving the treatment of ADHD, which were funded by the US Department of Education. ...
  8. Battle of the Colors

Some of us remember the light shows pioneered back in the late 50s, that were especially popular additions to rock shows in the latter 60s. Though a number of techniques were used, from film strips to strobes, the most popular was perhaps the 'wet show', in which drops of colored water were added to dishes of oil (or vice-versa), and manipulated in various ways. The results were projected onto a screen, and no doubt contributed to the altered states of consciousness experienced by many concert-goers ...

Updated 08-08-2011 at 11:51 AM by Robert Austin

Categories
    Altered States , AVS , Light and Sound , The Brain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  9. Entrainment Ecosystems

I live in a wooded area near a lake and with wide open spaces compared to most suburbanites.

To give you an idea of my surroundings, last evening I went outside to sit in my favorite nighttime spot on the deck and as I was getting ready to slip down into my rickety wicker chair the security light clicked on and tucked behind the woven legs was a 3 foot garter snake nearly camouflaged in the darkened wood. No doubt he was looking for a place to dry off after all the storms we have been ...
  10. AVS and Sleep

I have used the Procyon (and Proteus) for many years (off and on) to help me get to sleep. While I don't use the machine every day, I learned the hard way that if I don't keep it in my room, where I can access it easily, I will find myself awake and thinking about using it but don't want to get out of bed to go find it.

I have a sleep disorder (Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and so falling asleep and staying asleep is a challenge. I do take a sleeping pill and even with ...

Updated 05-27-2011 at 11:03 AM by Marisa (had to add category)

Categories
    Light and Sound , AVS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast