Blog Comments

When you right click on the original link above does it save the file as SleepStage.zip?
    Ryan, for these sessions all you have to do is set your Procyon or Proteus to AS mode and play the track. No session file needs to be uploaded. Be sure to hit the download button on the audio player for each track. That way you get the full quality.
    Sorry I meant the file TYPE. That's what say's just "file" I've downloaded from the cloud simply by right clicking and choosing save. Then putting it into my dowloads or documents bit on my laptop. When I navigate to the file and attempt to open it using Windows media player (and a few other things I've tried) it's then that my computer declares these files as "potentially corrupt" "invalid" and/or unsupported. I really hope I can figure this out somehow, I was really looking forward to getting started
    Something is wrong with the archive extractor you have or the files are being downloaded incorrectly... They definitely should not be name simply 'file'. Reference the actual files names in the comment above.
    That's interesting, I've just downloaded a few sessions from the cloud without issue, but when it comes to trying to play them in Windows media player or uploading them to my Procyon I grind to a halt. "File not recognised" or "invalid file" again. This must be the same problem as I'm having with downloading and using the original file. It's just a shame my computer isn't telling me a little more about the problem....

I've looked into the problem as far as I know how to anyway. As far as I can deduce, the problem is the file type. I can't check the file suitability because it is named as "file" and that's it. I think that may be confusing the media player. It seems that way anyway lol Does that make any sense?
    Updated 12-29-2011 at 01:09 AM by Feebo
    Oh I'm so looking forward to trying some of these out! I'll have a bash at uploading one in the morning
    Cool thanks In the mean time I'll address the problem with as clear a head as I get again as soon as crimbo is over. I'm going to be learning a load more about the programming side of things anyway in the new year so as to hopefully make my own aswell. I love my Procyon and I can hardly imagine how much better things could be if I were to be able to make my own programs
    Thanks for your time though dude, perfect start to my learning a bit more that
    Nope. Just running the installer should register the DirectShow codecs.

Not sure what could be wrong. I have used those codecs for a long while on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no issues. They allow FLAC files and Ogg Vorbis to play in Windows Media Player without issue. You are playing the Sleep Cycle.flac I suppose.

Anyway, I have figured out new settings on the LAME encoder that keep the Synchromuse header intact and have made an mp3 that will be added to SoundCloud when Robert gets a chance.
    Oh I did install that package, still no joy. Unless there was something specific I was supposed to do once it was installed? I just keep getting a "can't read file" notice unfortunatelu......
    See comment #2 for codecs.
    Hmm.... My Windows media player says it can't play it. I'm trying to play the "Sleepstage" files.....
    Ooooooh I seeeeee..... lol I have no idea where my patch cable is. That's the one with the phono plug on both ends isn't it... I do have an Ipod, I was having a bit of a tired confused moment yesterday. So I need to get that file onto my itunes library basically... I'll see what I can dp and report back Thanks for the help
    You can use the audio patch cable which came with your Procyon/Proteus, and connect it to the audio output of your computer, if you don't have an iPod or other such player. Then fire up Windows Media player or iTunes or whatever software you use to play music on your system. :-)
    Ah. That explains it then. I was trying to just upload it as a normal session. Not sure I can access it then because I don't have the audio cable or digital audio device. Hmmm... Is it not a "normal" lights and binaural beats type deal then?
    Also you must have an audio cable connected from the computer (or digital media device that will play FLAC) to the Procyon AUX connector. The sound file must play through the Procyon.
    I just downloaded and extracted the archive... no problems at all. I tried by WinRar and Windows Explorer. The file should be named SleepStage.zip and should be 289MB in size. It contains 3 files... Sleep Cycle.flac... Sleep Cycle.PRh... Sleep Cycle.PRw.

Load Sleep Cycle.PRw into the Procyon editor by choosing the File menu and Open Session File. Send it to the Procyon by choosing the Session Tools menu... Upload Session to Procyon.. from the window that pops up choose Append If Possible.

The session is then saved to the Procyon. All you have to do from now is put the Procyon in dAS mode by pushing the middle button 4 times. The display reads dAS. Play the audio file... Sleep Cycle.flac in Windows Media Player (or another media player that can play flac files). The blip at the beginning of the audio will trigger the session you loaded to the Procyon to play.
    Ok I'm a bit lost here. I've got the editing software sorted but my unzipper is telling me the file (the first one you posted) is empty or currupted......
    WOW. That really does sound good! Having been a user of the light and sound machines for a good few years now what you say above made perfect sense. It probably wouldn't have before I'd had certain experiences with my Proteus and Procyon. It's difficult to put into words but you certainly manage it! I'm just on my way out right now but dude..... We need to talk!! lol If I can soak up a little of your knowledge on the creation process, or more likely actually just the understanding of 'why' before 'how' if you see what I mean. I could certainly put that knowledge to good use. Wifey telling me off now lol gtg
    This software works well on Windows if you need codecs for FLAC. Will play in Windows Media Player. http://www.xiph.org/dshow/
    Replacing file with FLAC version. The original MP3 file was unreliable to trigger. Synchromuse headers are easily corrupted by compression. The download size is bigger now. 289Mb.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast